Nancy J Wandersee
Affiliation: Blood Research Institute
- Increased erythrocyte adhesion in mice and humans with hereditary spherocytosis and hereditary elliptocytosisNancy J Wandersee
Blood Research Institute, The Blood Center of Southeastern Wisconsin, 8727 Watertown Plank Rd, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Blood 103:710-6. 2004..005). While the mechanism of infarction in these mice is unknown, we speculate that changes in RBC adhesive characteristics contribute to this pathology...
- A novel hemoglobin-binding peptide reduces cell-free hemoglobin in murine hemolytic anemiaMadelyn S Hanson
Department of Biophysics and Redox Biology Program, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 304:H328-36. 2013..Therefore, hE-Hb-B10 can be used to investigate the different roles of CF-Hb in hemolytic pathology and may have therapeutic benefit in the treatment of CF-Hb-mediated tissue damage...
- Ca2+-CaM activation of AMP deaminase contributes to adenine nucleotide dysregulation and phosphatidylserine externalization in human sickle erythrocytesRichard L Sabina
Department of Biochemistry, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Br J Haematol 144:434-45. 2009....
- Erythrocyte adhesion is modified by alterations in cellular tonicity and volumeNancy J Wandersee
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Br J Haematol 131:366-77. 2005..In summary, these findings demonstrate that changes in hydration can significantly impact adhesion, causing normal erythrocytes to display adhesive properties similar to those of sickle cells and vice versa...
- Vascular dysfunction in a murine model of severe hemolysisAnne C Frei
Blood Research Institute, Blood Center of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Blood 112:398-405. 2008..Together, these data indicate that sph/sph mice with severe HS have increased plasma hemoglobin and NO scavenging capacity, likely contributing to aberrant vasoregulation and initiating oxidative damage...
- Transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 mediates pain in mice with severe sickle cell diseaseCheryl A Hillery
Department of Pediatrics and Children s Research Institute, Division of Hematology Oncology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Blood 118:3376-83. 2011..Therefore, TRPV1-targeted compounds that lack thermoregulatory side effects may provide relief from pain in patients with SCD...
- Mutations in the murine erythroid alpha-spectrin gene alter spectrin mRNA and protein levels and spectrin incorporation into the red blood cell membrane skeletonNancy J Wandersee
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
Blood 101:325-30. 2003..The sph(J) deletion is near the 4.1/actin-binding region at the junctional complex providing new evidence that this 13-amino acid segment at the COOH-terminus of alpha-spectrin is crucial to the stability of the junctional complex...