Sheila M Keating
Affiliation: Blood Systems Research Institute
- Lower-sensitivity and avidity modifications of the vitros anti-HIV 1+2 assay for detection of recent HIV infections and incidence estimationSheila M Keating
Blood Systems Research Institute, San Francisco, California, USA
J Clin Microbiol 50:3968-76. 2012..Both modified Vitros assays can be used to estimate the length of time since seroconversion and in calculations for HIV incidence. Like other RITAs, they are subject to high FRR in subjects on HAART or with AIDS...
- Soluble mediators of inflammation in HIV and their implications for therapeutics and vaccine developmentSheila M Keating
Blood Systems Research Institute, 270 Masonic Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 23:193-206. 2012..Cytokines also show great promise as adjuvants in the development of HIV vaccines, which would be critical for the eventual control of the epidemic...
- Cytokine and chemokine responses in the acute phase of hepatitis B virus replication in naive and previously vaccinated blood and plasma donorsSheila M Keating
Blood Systems Research Institute, San Francisco, California
J Infect Dis 209:845-54. 2014....
- Fetal production of growth factors and inflammatory mediators predicts pulmonary hypertension in congenital diaphragmatic herniaShannon Fleck
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco UCSF, San Francisco, CA, USA
Pediatr Res 74:290-8. 2013..We studied biomarkers at the maternal-fetal interface to understand factors associated with the persistence of PH...
- CD57 expression and cytokine production by T cells in lesional and unaffected skin from patients with psoriasisMariana D Batista
Division of Experimental Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e52144. 2013..CD57 is a marker of replicative inability and immunosenescence on CD8+ T cells and the proportion of CD57 expressing CD8+ T cells is increased in a number of inflammatory conditions...
- The effect of HIV infection and HAART on inflammatory biomarkers in a population-based cohort of womenSheila M Keating
Blood Systems Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, USA
AIDS 25:1823-32. 2011..To determine the qualitative and quantitative nature of cytokine perturbation, we compared cytokine patterns in three HIV clinical groups, including HAART responders (HAART), untreated HIV noncontrollers, and HIV-uninfected (NEG)...