Affiliation: Blood Research Institute
- The cell-adhesion and signaling molecule PECAM-1 is a molecular mediator of resistance to genotoxic chemotherapyCarmen Bergom
Blood Research Institute, Blood Center of Wisconsin, and Department of Cell Biology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53201, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 5:1699-707. 2006..In addition, reducing PECAM-1 levels in the tumor endothelium may aid in low-dose, anti-angiogenic therapy...
- Mechanisms of PECAM-1-mediated cytoprotection and implications for cancer cell survivalCarmen Bergom
Blood Research Institute, The Blood Center of Southeastern Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 46:1409-21. 2005....
- An alternatively spliced isoform of PECAM-1 is expressed at high levels in human and murine tissues, and suggests a novel role for the C-terminus of PECAM-1 in cytoprotective signalingCarmen Bergom
Blood Research Institute, BloodCenter of Wisconsin, 8727 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53201, USA
J Cell Sci 121:1235-42. 2008..These studies suggest a novel role for the PECAM-1 C-terminus in cytoprotective signaling and highlight a need for further characterization of expression of PECAM-1 isoforms in normal and malignant tissues...
- Endothelial cell PECAM-1 confers protection against endotoxic shockMatthias Maas
Blood Research Institute, Blood Center of Southeastern Wisconsin, PO Box 2178, 638 N 18th St, Milwaukee, WI 53201, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 288:H159-64. 2005..The diverse functional roles played by PECAM-1 in thrombosis, inflammation, apoptosis, and the immune response may make this molecule an attractive target for the development of novel therapeutics to manage and treat endotoxic shock...
- PECAM-1 functions as a specific and potent inhibitor of mitochondrial-dependent apoptosisCunji Gao
Laboratories of PECAM 1 Research and Cell Biology, Blood Research Institute, The Blood Center of Southeastern Wisconsin, PO Box 2178, 638 N 18th St, Milwaukee, WI 53201, USA
Blood 102:169-79. 2003....