Nina D Russell
Affiliation: Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Statistical considerations for the design and analysis of the ELISpot assay in HIV-1 vaccine trialsMichael G Hudgens
Public Health Sciences Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Ave N, NW 500, PO Box 19024, Seattle 98109 1024, USA
J Immunol Methods 288:19-34. 2004..Moreover, the proposed methods have potential utility in related HIV immunopathogenesis studies and in non-HIV clinical vaccine trials...
- Phase 2 study of an HIV-1 canarypox vaccine (vCP1452) alone and in combination with rgp120: negative results fail to trigger a phase 3 correlates trialNina D Russell
Program in Infectious Diseases, Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 44:203-12. 2007..We conducted a phase 2 trial to determine if a canarypox vaccine candidate (vCP1452) administered with rgp120 subunit protein would "qualify" for a trial to define a correlate of efficacy...
- Statistical evaluation of HIV vaccines in early clinical trialsZoe Moodie
Statistical Center for HIV Aids Research and Prevention, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Reasearch Center, 1100 Fairview Ave N, LE 400, PO Box 19024, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Contemp Clin Trials 27:147-60. 2006..The goal of these early trials is to narrow the number of candidate vaccines to the most promising candidates worthy of further study in efficacy trials...
- Moving to human immunodeficiency virus type 1 vaccine efficacy trials: defining T cell responses as potential correlates of immunityNina D Russell
Program in Infectious Diseases, Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
J Infect Dis 187:226-42. 2003..When responses in natural infection were compared with vaccine-induced responses, vaccine recipient responses were > or =1 log lower, which confirms the importance of using this sensitive assay as an initial screen in vaccine protocols...
- Novel directions in HIV-1 vaccines revealed from clinical trialsJean Louis Excler
U S Military HIV Research Program MHRP, Bethesda, Maryland 20817, USA
Curr Opin HIV AIDS 8:421-31. 2013..Put into perspective, the results from efficacy trials and the identification of correlates of risk have opened large and unforeseen avenues for vaccine development...
- Safety and immunogenicity of cytotoxic T-lymphocyte poly-epitope, DNA plasmid (EP HIV-1090) vaccine in healthy, human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1)-uninfected adultsGeoffrey J Gorse
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Saint Louis University, St Louis, MO 63104, United States
Vaccine 26:215-23. 2008..Three vaccine recipients raised anti-HIV-1 CD8+ CTL measured by chromium-release assay. The vaccine was safe and well-tolerated, but only weakly immunogenic...