- Imiquimod as a possible treatment for keratoacanthomaNeal Bhatia
UCSD School of Medicine, San Diego, CA, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 3:71-4. 2004..This is a case of an elderly patient who could not undergo surgery that presented with a large keratoacanthoma and was clear of her tumor after five months using imiquimod 5% cream on a daily basis...
- Treating seborrheic dermatitis: review of mechanisms and therapeutic optionsNeal Bhatia
Division of Dermatology, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 12:796-8. 2013..as a papulosquamous disorder with paucineutrophilic and lymphocytic infiltrates, and if the trigger and etiologic agent most likely is Malassezia furfur, then the ideal mechanisms of action of therapies should be directed as such..
- Optimal management of papulopustular rosacea: rationale for combination therapyNeal D Bhatia
J Drugs Dermatol 11:838-44. 2012..Although antibiotic doses of tetracycline agents (such as doxycycline, minocycline, and tetracycline) are known to be effective for PPR, the use of subantimicrobial dosing of doxycycline avoids the risk of antibiotic resistance...
- Topical immunomodulation: modes of action with clinical correlationNeal Bhatia
University of Wisconsin Medical School, 3119 S Clement Avenue, Suite 100, Milwaukee, WI 53207, USA
Dermatol Clin 25:147-55, vi. 2007..Most importantly, immunomodulators provide the opportunity to do what is best for the patient at that time, as well as for control of the future of the disease, whether it is acute or chronic...
- Myeloid sarcoma presenting as an isolated nodule in a patient with acute myelogenous leukemiaNeal Bhatia
University of Wisconsin Medical School, Milwaukee, WI 53207, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 6:447-50. 2007..The patient subsequently underwent radiation therapy to the area with sustained clearance...
- Use of antibiotics for noninfectious dermatologic disordersNeal Bhatia
University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, WI, USA
Dermatol Clin 27:85-9. 2009..Oral antibiotics are the ideal example of pharmacologic agents that are effective against inflammatory processes and have obvious roles in infectious diseases...
- A closer look at truncal acne vulgaris: prevalence, severity, and clinical significanceJames Q Del Rosso
University of Nevada School of Medicine, Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine Dermatology Residency Director, Valley Hospital Medical Center, Las Vegas, NV, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 6:597-600. 2007..A grading system for truncal acne vulgaris is also presented. The majority of patients presenting with truncal acne vulgaris exhibited mild to moderate severity and more than 75% were interested in treatment for truncal acne lesions...