Affiliation: Beth Israel Medical Center
- Outcome of critically ill human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapyHassan Khouli
St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10019, USA
J Intensive Care Med 20:327-33. 2005..Pulmonary diagnosis was the most frequent ICU admission diagnosis (30%). Logistic regression analysis showed HIV-related illness and mechanical ventilation were significant independent predictors of increased hospital mortality...
- Efficacy of deep venous thrombosis prophylaxis in the medical intensive care unitHassan Khouli
St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10019, USA
J Intensive Care Med 21:352-8. 2006..Adherence to strict deep venous thrombosis prophylaxis protocol and exploration of other prophylaxis regimens should be pursued...
- Performance of medical residents in sterile techniques during central vein catheterization: randomized trial of efficacy of simulation-based trainingHassan Khouli
Department of Medicine, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, NY 10019, USA
Chest 139:80-7. 2011..The optimal method to teach health-care providers correct sterile techniques during central vein catheterization (CVC) remains unclear...
- Changes in health-related quality of life and factors predicting long-term outcomes in older adults admitted to intensive care unitsHassan Khouli
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY, USA
Crit Care Med 39:731-7. 2011....
- Nurse-driven, protocol-directed weaning from mechanical ventilation improves clinical outcomes and is well accepted by intensive care unit physiciansMauricio Danckers
Critical Care Section, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10019, USA
J Crit Care 28:433-41. 2013..Ventilator weaning protocols can improve clinical outcomes, but their impact may vary depending on intensive care unit (ICU) structure, staffing, and acceptability by ICU physicians. This study was undertaken to examine their relationship...
- Low-dose tenecteplase during cardiopulmonary resuscitation due to massive pulmonary embolism: a case report and review of previously reported casesDavid Václav Fred Hefer
Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Vermont, College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont, USA
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 18:691-4. 2007..Previously reported cases are reviewed...