Nancy C Bernardy
- Gender differences in prescribing among veterans diagnosed with posttraumatic stress disorderNancy C Bernardy
National Center for PTSD, White River Junction VA Medical Center, 215 North Main, White River Junction, VT 05001, USA
J Gen Intern Med 28:S542-8. 2013..The authors examined prescribing frequencies over an 11-year period prior to the release of the new guideline to determine gender differences in pharmacotherapy treatment in veterans with PTSD...
- Prescribing trends in veterans with posttraumatic stress disorderNancy C Bernardy
National Center for PTSD, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, White River Junction, VT 05001, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 73:297-303. 2012..The authors examined prescribing patterns for other medications to better understand the general context in which the changes in benzodiazepine prescribing have occurred in the VA...
- Declining benzodiazepine use in veterans with posttraumatic stress disorderBrian C Lund
Center for Comprehensive Access and Delivery Research and Evaluation, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Iowa City, IA 52246, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 73:292-6. 2012..We examined recent trends in benzodiazepine prescribing among veterans with PTSD in terms of frequency of use, duration of use, and dose...
- Randomized trial of trauma-focused group therapy for posttraumatic stress disorder: results from a department of veterans affairs cooperative studyPaula P Schnurr
Department of Veterans Affairs VA National Center for Posttraumatic Stres Disorder, White River Junction, VT 05009, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 60:481-9. 2003..Department of Veterans Affairs Cooperative Study 420 is a randomized clinical trial of 2 methods of group psychotherapy for treating posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in male Vietnam veterans...
- Increased polysedative use in veterans with posttraumatic stress disorderNancy C Bernardy
National Center for PTSD, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, White River Junction, VT, USA Department of Psychiatry, The Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Hanover, NH, USA
Pain Med 15:1083-90. 2014..Pharmacologic approaches to these conditions can produce an accumulation of sedating medications with potential for safety concerns...
- Evaluation of a mentoring program for PTSD clinic managers in the U.S. Department of Veterans AffairsCraig S Rosen
National Center for PTSD, Department of Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, 795 Willow Rd 334 PTSD, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
Psychiatr Serv 63:1047-50. 2012..This evaluation study elicited feedback from participants in a novel program intended to help posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) clinical managers address organizational challenges in providing services and improving care...
- Cardiovascular responses to physical and psychological stress in female alcoholics with transitory hypertension after early abstinenceNancy C Bernardy
Dartmouth Medical School and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, White River Junction, Vermont 05009, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 27:1489-98. 2003..Studies of this nature, however, have not been extended to women...
- Research on posttraumatic stress disorder: epidemiology, pathophysiology, and assessmentPaula P Schnurr
VA National Center for PTSD and Dartmouth Medical School, White River Junction, VT 05009, USA
J Clin Psychol 58:877-89. 2002..The review is limited to information about PTSD in adults, although some of the material may generalize to child and adolescent populations...