Meredith Halks Miller
Affiliation: Berlex Biosciences
- CCR1 is an early and specific marker of Alzheimer's diseaseMeredith Halks-Miller
Pharmacopathology, Berlex Biosciences, 2600 Hilltop Drive, Richmond, CA 94804, USA
Ann Neurol 54:638-46. 2003..Thus, neuronal CCR1 is not a generalized marker of neurodegeneration. Rather, it appears to be part of the neuroimmune response to Abeta42-positive neuritic plaques...
- Urokinase-type plasminogen activator plays a critical role in angiotensin II-induced abdominal aortic aneurysmGary G Deng
Berlex Biosciences, Department of Pharmacology and Cardiovascular Research, PO Box 4099, 2600 Hilltop Dr, Richmond, Calif 94804 0099, USA j
Circ Res 92:510-7. 2003....
- Thrombin-activatable fibrinolysis inhibitor (TAFI) deficiency is compatible with murine lifeMariko Nagashima
Department of Cardiovascular Research, Berlex Biosciences, Richmond, California 94804, USA
J Clin Invest 109:101-10. 2002..The current study demonstrates that TAFI deficiency does not change normal responses to acute challenges...
- Reduction of cardiac functional reserve and elevation of aortic stiffness in hyperlipidemic Yucatan minipigs with systemic and coronary atherosclerosisYi Xin Wang
Department of Pharmacology, Berlex Bioscience, P O Box 4099, 600 Hilltop Blvd, Richmond, CA 94804 0099, USA
Vascul Pharmacol 39:69-76. 2002..Thus, cardiac functional reserve measured by isoproterenol-stimulated responses was reduced in atherosclerotic minipigs, which was further diminished in diabetes...
- Inhibition of Rho-kinase by fasudil attenuated angiotensin II-induced cardiac hypertrophy in apolipoprotein E deficient miceYi Xin Wang
Department of Pharmacology, Berlex Biosciences, 2600 Hilltop Drive, Richmond, CA 94804, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 512:215-22. 2005..These data are consistent with a role for Rho-kinase activation in angiotensin II-induced cardiac remodeling and vascular wall fibrosis...
- Fasudil, a Rho-kinase inhibitor, attenuates angiotensin II-induced abdominal aortic aneurysm in apolipoprotein E-deficient mice by inhibiting apoptosis and proteolysisYi Xin Wang
Berlex Biosciences, Richmond, Calif 94804, USA
Circulation 111:2219-26. 2005..In this study, we tested the hypothesis that fasudil, a Rho-kinase inhibitor, could attenuate Ang II-induced AAA formation by inhibiting vascular wall apoptosis and extracellular matrix proteolysis...
- Identification of a novel prostate tumor target, mindin/RG-1, for antibody-based radiotherapy of prostate cancerRenate Parry
Berlex Biosciences, Richmond, California 94806, USA
Cancer Res 65:8397-405. 2005..We conclude that [90Y]-CHX-A''-DTPA-19G9 is a novel antibody conjugate that has considerable promise for therapy of metastatic prostate cancer in androgen-unresponsive patients...
- Angiotensin II induces histomorphologic features of unstable plaque in a murine model of accelerated atherosclerosisValdeci Da Cunha
Department of Pharmacology, Berlex Biosciences, Richmond, CA, USA
J Vasc Surg 44:364-71. 2006..We explored the role of angiotensin II in determining the histomorphometric features of plaque stability in apolipoprotein E-deficient mice submitted to ligation of the carotid artery...