- Childhood family violence history and women's risk for intimate partner violence and poor healthLillian Bensley
Washington State Department of Health, Olympia, Washington 98504 7812, USA
Am J Prev Med 25:38-44. 2003....
- Measuring fruit and vegetable consumption: providing serving size information doubles estimated percent eating five per dayLillian Bensley
Washington State Department of Health Office of Epidemiology, Olympia, WA 98504 7812, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 103:1530-2. 2003..Although only 26% of respondents met the 5 A Day recommendations without serving size information, 50% met these recommendations when using a measure that included a definition of serving size...
- Community responses and perceived barriers to responding to child maltreatmentLillian Bensley
Washington State Department of Health, Office of Epidemiology, Olympia, WA 98504 7812, USA
J Community Health 29:141-53. 2004..These results provide evidence that most people are willing to intervene to help an abused child. However, barriers to intervening (particularly fear of retaliation) exist and may account for some of the failures to report abuse...
- Associations of self-reported periodontal disease with metabolic syndrome and number of self-reported chronic conditionsLillian Bensley
Washington State Department of Health, Office of Epidemiology, PO Box 47812, Olympia, WA 98504 7812, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 8:A50. 2011..The objective of this study was to assess associations of periodontal disease with metabolic syndrome and number of chronic diseases...
- General population norms about child abuse and neglect and associations with childhood experiencesLillian Bensley
Office of Epidemiology, Washington State Department of Health, Olympia, WA, USA
Child Abuse Negl 28:1321-37. 2004..A variety of definitions of child abuse and neglect exist. However, little is known about norms in the general population as to what constitutes child abuse and neglect or how perceived norms may be related to personal experiences...