- Availability of gynecologic services in the department of veterans affairsMichelle D Seelig
Department of Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Healthcare System, HSR and D Center of Excellence, Seattle, Washington, USA
Womens Health Issues 18:167-73. 2008..We evaluated onsite availability of gynecologic services, clinic type and staffing arrangements, and the impact of having a gynecology clinic (GYN) and/or an obstetrician gynecologist (OBGYN) routinely available...
- Systematic review of women veterans' health: update on successes and gapsBevanne Bean-Mayberry
VA Greater Los Angeles Health Services Research and Development Center of Excellence, Sepulveda, California 91343, USA
Womens Health Issues 21:S84-97. 2011..We assessed the state of women veterans' health research by conducting a systematic review of scientific literature published from 2004 to 2008, updating a prior review spanning the history of this literature to 2004...
- Brief report: lack of a race effect in primary care ratings among women veteransBevanne Bean-Mayberry
Center for Health Equity Research and Promotion, VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System, Pittsburgh, PA 15240, USA
J Gen Intern Med 21:1105-8. 2006..To explore the effect of race on primary care quality and satisfaction among women in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)...
- Federally funded comprehensive women's health centers: leading innovation in women's healthcare deliveryBevanne Bean-Mayberry
VA HSR and D Center of Excellence for the Study of Healthcare Provider Behavior, VA Greater Los Angeles Health Care System, Sepulveda, California 91343, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 16:1281-90. 2007..Little is known, however, about details of their organization, staffing, practice arrangements, and service availability that might inform adoption of similar models in the community...
- Does sex influence immunization status for influenza and pneumonia in older veterans?Bevanne Bean-Mayberry
Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Health Services Research and Development Center of Excellence, Center for Study of Health Care Provider Behavior, Sepulveda, California, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:1427-32. 2009..To compare the prevalence of influenza and pneumococcal immunization rates according to sex in a national sample of older veterans in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) healthcare system...
- Integration of women veterans into VA quality improvement research efforts: what researchers need to knowElizabeth M Yano
VA Greater Los Angeles HSR and D Center of Excellence, 16111 Plummer Street, Sepulveda, CA 91343, USA
J Gen Intern Med 25:56-61. 2010..We then discuss challenges and potential solutions for increasing representation of women veterans in VA research, including steps for implementation research...
- Access to care for women veterans: delayed healthcare and unmet needDonna L Washington
VA Greater Los Angeles Health Services Research and Development HSR and D Center of Excellence, Sepulveda, CA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 26:655-61. 2011..Eliminating access disparities requires a better understanding of the barriers to care that women veterans' experience...
- Comprehensive care for women veterans: indicators of dual use of VA and non-VA providersBevanne Bean-Mayberry
Center for Health Equity Research and Promotion, VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System, USA
J Am Med Womens Assoc 59:192-7. 2004....
- Tailoring VA primary care to women veterans: association with patient-rated quality and satisfactionDonna L Washington
VA Greater Los Angeles Health Services Research and Development HSR and D Center of Excellence, Sepulveda, California, USA
Womens Health Issues 21:S112-9. 2011..We assessed women veterans' ratings of their VA health care quality, gender-related satisfaction, gender appropriateness, and VA provider skills in treating women, in relation to primary care model at VA sites nationwide...
- Using research to transform care for women veterans: advancing the research agenda and enhancing research-clinical partnershipsElizabeth M Yano
VA Greater Los Angeles HSR and D Center of Excellence for Study of Healthcare Provider Behavior, Los Angeles, California 91343, USA
Womens Health Issues 21:S73-83. 2011....
- Discontinuing postmenopausal hormone therapy: an observational study of tapering versus quitting cold turkey: is there a difference in recurrence of menopausal symptoms?Sally G Haskell
VA Connecticut Healthcare System, Women s Health Center, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
Menopause 16:494-9. 2009....
- National variations in VA mental health care for women veteransSabine M Oishi
VA HSR and D Center of Excellence for Study of Healthcare Provider Behavior, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Sepulveda, California 91343, USA
Womens Health Issues 21:S130-7. 2011..We assessed variations in women's mental health care delivery arrangements in VA facilities nationwide...
- Racial/ethnic variations in physician recommendations for cardiac revascularizationSaid A Ibrahim
Center for Health Equity Research and Promotion, Pittsburgh VA Healthcare System, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15240
Am J Public Health 93:1689-93. 2003..We sought to examine whether physician recommendations for cardiac revascularization vary according to patient race...
- Determinants of hormone therapy discontinuation among female veterans nationallySally G Haskell
Department of Veterans Affairs Connecticut Healthcare System, West Haven, CT 06515, USA
Mil Med 173:91-6. 2008....
- The debt repayment paradox for VA clinical investigatorsBevanne Bean-Mayberry
JAMA 291:2316; author reply 2316. 2004