Mihaela S Stefan
Affiliation: Baystate Medical Center
- Epidemiology and outcomes of acute respiratory failure in the United States, 2001 to 2009: a national surveyMihaela S Stefan
Center for Quality of Care Research, Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, MA, USA
J Hosp Med 8:76-82. 2013..The objective of this study was to evaluate trends in hospitalization, cost, and short-term outcomes in acute respiratory failure (ARF) between 2001 and 2009 in the United States...
- Association between antibiotic treatment and outcomes in patients hospitalized with acute exacerbation of COPD treated with systemic steroidsMihaela S Stefan
Division of General Medicine, Department of Medicine, Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, MA 01199, USA
Chest 143:82-90. 2013..We evaluated the association between antibiotic therapy and outcomes among a large cohort of patients treated with steroids who were hospitalized with AE-COPD and compared the effectiveness of three commonly used antibiotic regimens...
- Hospital performance measures and 30-day readmission ratesMihaela S Stefan
Division of General Internal Medicine, Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, MA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 28:377-85. 2013....
- Association between β-blocker therapy and outcomes in patients hospitalised with acute exacerbations of chronic obstructive lung disease with underlying ischaemic heart disease, heart failure or hypertensionMihaela S Stefan
Baystate Medical Center, 756 Chestnut Street, Springfield, MA 01199, USA
Thorax 67:977-84. 2012..Evidence regarding the optimal use of β-blocker therapy during an acute exacerbation of COPD is particularly weak...
- The impact of COPD on management and outcomes of patients hospitalized with acute myocardial infarction: a 10-year retrospective observational studyMihaela S Stefan
Department of General Medicine, Baystate Medical Center, 756 Chestnut St, Springfield, MA 01199, USA
Chest 141:1441-8. 2012..There are limited data describing contemporary trends in the management and outcomes of patients with COPD who develop acute myocardial infarction (AMI)...
- Patients' attitudes toward and factors predictive of human immunodeficiency virus testing of academic medical clinicsMihaela S Stefan
Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, MA, USA
Am J Med Sci 340:264-7. 2010..In this study, the authors explored patients' attitudes toward HIV testing in academic medical clinics and investigated the possible impact of the 2006 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) HIV screening guidelines...
- Medical consultation and best practices for preoperative evaluation of elderly patientsMihaela Stefan
Department of Internal Medicine, Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, MA 01199, USA
Hosp Pract (1995) 39:41-51. 2011....
- A simulation-based program to train medical residents to lead and perform advanced cardiovascular life supportMihaela S Stefan
Division of General Medicine, Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, MA, USA
Hosp Pract (Minneap) 39:63-9. 2011..001; mean difference, 1.2; 95% confidence interval, 0.7-1.7). There was a uniform increase in the residents' self-confidence in their role as effective leaders of ACLS teams, and residents valued this simulation-based training program...