Affiliation: Baystate Medical Center
- Testamentary capacity and deliriumBenjamin Liptzin
Department of Psychiatry, Baystate Health, Springfield, MA 01199, U S A
Int Psychogeriatr 22:950-6. 2010..The presence of delirium can complicate the evaluation of an older person's testamentary capacity and susceptibility to undue influence but has not been well examined in the existing literature...
- What criteria should be used for the diagnosis of delirium?B Liptzin
Department of Psychiatry, Baystate Health System, Springfield, MA 01199, USA
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 10:364-7. 1999..This paper reviews the empirical data that supported these revisions. More research is needed to evaluate the usefulness of the new criteria and to further define subtypes of delirium...
- Donepezil in the prevention and treatment of post-surgical deliriumBenjamin Liptzin
Department of Psychiatry, Baystate Medical Center, 759 Chestnut Street S1581, Springfield, MA 01199, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 13:1100-6. 2005..The authors evaluated the possible benefit of donepezil versus placebo in the prevention and treatment of postoperative delirium in an older population without dementia undergoing elective total joint-replacement surgery...
- End-of-life issues in elderly patientsBenjamin Liptzin
Department of Psychiatry, Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, Massachusetts 01199, USA
Palliat Support Care 4:155-7. 2006..To describe elderly-specific issues in end-of-life care...
- The future of psychiatric services in general hospitalsBenjamin Liptzin
Department of Psychiatry, Baystate Medical Center, 759 Chestnut St, Springfield, MA 01199, USA
Am J Psychiatry 164:1468-72. 2007
- Quality improvement, pay for performance, and "outcomes measurement": what makes sense?Benjamin Liptzin
Departmentof Psychiatry, Tufts University Schoolof Medicine, and Baystate Medical Center, 759 Chestnut St, Springfield, MA 01199, USA
Psychiatr Serv 60:108-11. 2009..The methodology for using outcomes-based approaches needs further development, and therefore the data collected will have little utility. The author discusses alternative approaches...
- Financing academic departments of psychiatryBenjamin Liptzin
Baystate Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry, 759 Chestnut St, Springfield, MA 01199, USA
Acad Psychiatry 35:96-100. 2011..The authors describe the many financial challenges facing academic departments of psychiatry and the resulting opportunities that may arise...
- Mental health problems in assisted living residents. The physician's role in treatment and staff educationGene D Cohen
Departments of Health Care Sciences and Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, George Washington University, Washington, DC, USA
Geriatrics 58:44, 54-5. 2003