Gregory R Giugliano
Affiliation: Baystate Medical Center
- A prospective multicenter registry of laser therapy for degenerated saphenous vein graft stenosis: the COronary graft Results following Atherectomy with Laser (CORAL) trialGregory R Giugliano
Baystate Medical Center, 759 Chestnut St, Springfield, MA 01199, USA
Cardiovasc Revasc Med 13:84-9. 2012..Prior single-center experience suggested that laser atherectomy may decrease acute procedural complications during treatment of degenerated SVGs, including lesions not amenable to distal protection devices (DPDs)...
- Spontaneous left anterior descending coronary artery dissection in a patient with neurofibromatosisGregory R Giugliano
Baystate Medical Center, 759 Chestnut Street, Cardiology S4659, Springfield, MA 01199, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 21:e103-5. 2009..Recognition of a possible association between NF and coronary dissections will further facilitate successful and prompt management of this otherwise rare entity...
- Cutting balloon entrapment during treatment of in-stent restenosis: an unusual complication and its managementGregory R Giugliano
Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory and Cardiology Research, Baystate Medical Center, The Western Campus of Tufts University School of Medicine, Cardiology Department, 759 Chestnut Street, Springfield, MA, 01199, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 17:168-70. 2005
- Friedreich's ataxia as a cause of premature coronary artery diseaseGregory R Giugliano
Division of Cardiology, Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, Massachusetts 01199, USA
Tex Heart Inst J 34:214-7. 2007..Early diagnosis may permit aggressive management and may delay the progression to end-stage cardiomyopathy...
- Bivalirudin use during PCI for stent thrombosis in a patient with subacute intracranial hemorrhageGregory R Giugliano
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Baystate Medical Center, The Western Campus of Tufts University School of Medicine, Springfield, Massachusetts 01199, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 21:136-8. 2009..Three take-home messages are identified to reduce complications in similar situations...
- Influence of low-dose aspirin (81 mg) on the incidence of definite stent thrombosis in patients receiving bare-metal and drug-eluting stentsAmir Lotfi
Division of Cardiology, Baystate Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
Clin Cardiol 34:567-71. 2011..Dual antiplatelet therapy with aspirin plus clopidogrel is the mainstay of therapy in patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI). However, the optimal dose of aspirin following PCI has not been established...
- Postoperative atrial fibrillation is not associated with an increase risk of stroke or the type and number of grafts: a single-center retrospective analysisAmir Lotfi
Department of Cardiology, Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, Massachusetts 01199, USA
Clin Cardiol 34:787-90. 2011..We sought to explore the association between the type and quantity of bypass grafts and cardiovascular outcomes in patients with postoperative AF (POAF)...
- Takayasu arteritis in a young woman: a 4-year case historyFadi Saab
Division of Cardiology, Baystate Medical Center Tufts University School of Medicine, Springfield, Massachusetts 01199, USA
Tex Heart Inst J 36:470-4. 2009..We discuss the challenges of managing Takayasu arteritis in our patient and describe different treatments for this rare vasculitic disorder...
- Determinants of 30-day adverse events following saphenous vein graft intervention with and without a distal occlusion embolic protection deviceGregory R Giugliano
Division of Cardiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, One Brigham Circle, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Cardiol 95:173-7. 2005....
- Morphology and location of restenosis following bare metal coronary stentingMarc J Schweiger
Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 18:165-8. 2006..This may limit the effectiveness of stent-based efforts to reduce restenosis. The time interval between coronary stenting and symptom recurrence appears to vary according to lesion location...
- ST segment elevation myocardial infarction as a presenting feature of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpuraAuras R Atreya
Department of Internal Medicine, Baystate Medical Center Tufts University School of Medicine, Massachusetts, USA
J Cardiovasc Dis Res 3:167-9. 2012....
- Acute renal artery occlusion: making the case for renal artery revascularizationLeenhapong Navaravong
Cardiovascular Division, Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, MA 01199, USA
Cardiovasc Revasc Med 12:399-402. 2011..We report a patient who does not fit any clinical trial inclusion criteria with acute on chronic kidney injury and new-onset heart failure whose symptoms and renal function improved significantly after renal artery intervention...
- High-dose atorvastatin does not negatively influence clinical outcomes among clopidogrel treated acute coronary syndrome patients--a Pravastatin or Atorvastatin Evaluation and Infection Therapy-Thrombolysis in Myocardial Infarction 22 (PROVE IT-TIMI 22) aAmir Lotfi
Division of Cardiology, Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, MA 01199, USA
Am Heart J 155:954-8. 2008..However, the clinical impact of this interaction has created debate...