Clinton A White
Affiliation: Baylor College of Medicine
- Nitazoxanide: a new broad spectrum antiparasitic agentClinton A White
American College of Physicians and Infectious Disease Section, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, 535EA Houston, TX 77030, USA
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 2:43-9. 2004..Nitazoxanide is the first agent proven to be effective in cryptosporidiosis. It has also proven efficacy in giardiasis. Nitazoxanide is efficacious again intestinal helminths. Additional indications may be developed in the future...
- Infections in Hispanic immigrantsA Clinton White Jr
Infectious Disease Section, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine and Ben Taub General Hospital, Houston, TX, 77030, USA
Clin Infect Dis 34:1627-32. 2002..When included in the differential diagnosis, most of these infections can be readily diagnosed and treated with currently available methods...
- Interferon-gamma expression in jejunal biopsies in experimental human cryptosporidiosis correlates with prior sensitization and control of oocyst excretionA C White
Infectious Diseases Section, Dept of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030
J Infect Dis 181:701-9. 2000..IFN-gamma production may explain the resistance to infection noted in sensitized persons but may not be involved in control of human primary infection...
- Neurocysticercosis: updates on epidemiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis, and managementA C White
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Annu Rev Med 51:187-206. 2000..The arachnoiditis may result in meningitis, vasculitis with stroke, or hydrocephalus. Patients should be treated with corticosteroids, antiparasitic drugs, and shunting if hydrocephalus is present...
- Expression of IL-15 and IL-4 in IFN-gamma-independent control of experimental human Cryptosporidium parvum infectionP Robinson
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cytokine 15:39-46. 2001..These data suggest that IL-15 is involved in IFN-gamma independent mechanisms of control of human cryptosporidiosis, perhaps via activation of the innate immune response...
- Determinants of sustained virological suppression in indigent, HIV-infected patients: is single protease inhibitor-based antiretroviral therapy truly highly active?F Visnegarwala
Section of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
HIV Clin Trials 5:117-24. 2004..Effective virological suppression with HAART is dependent on strict adherence to therapy. Compliance with therapy is influenced by clinical and psychosocial factors...
- Management of neurocysticercosisTerrence Riley
Department of Neurology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
CNS Drugs 17:577-91. 2003....
- Phase I trial of two recombinant vaccines containing the 19kd carboxy terminal fragment of Plasmodium falciparum merozoite surface protein 1 (msp-1(19)) and T helper epitopes of tetanus toxoidW A Keitel
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Vaccine 18:531-9. 1999..Both MSP-1(19) vaccines were immunogenic in humans, but changes in formulation will be necessary to improve safety and immunogenicity profiles...
- Is there a race-based disparity in the survival of veterans with HIV?Thomas P Giordano
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
J Gen Intern Med 21:613-7. 2006..Disparities in survival for black patients with HIV in the United States have been reported. The VA is an equal access health care system...
- ABT-378/ritonavir plus stavudine and lamivudine for the treatment of antiretroviral-naive adults with HIV-1 infection: 48-week resultsR L Murphy
Department of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
AIDS 15:F1-9. 2001..The activity and durable suppression of HIV-1 observed in this study is probably attributable to the observed tolerability profile and the achievement of high ABT-378 plasma concentrations...
- Response of HIV-infected patients with asymptomatic syphilis to intensive intramuscular therapy with ceftriaxone or procaine penicillinN H Smith
Infectious Disease Section, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, 561E, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Int J STD AIDS 15:328-32. 2004....