Robert D Welch
Affiliation: Baylor College of Dentistry
- Subchondral defects in caprine femora augmented with in situ setting hydroxyapatite cement, polymethylmethacrylate, or autogenous bone graft: biomechanical and histomorphological analysis after two-yearsRobert D Welch
Seay Center for Musculoskeletal Research, Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, Dallas 75219, USA
J Orthop Res 20:464-72. 2002....
- Experimental tibial plateau fractures augmented with calcium phosphate cement or autologous bone graftRobert D Welch
Seay Research Center, Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, Dallas 75219, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 85:222-31. 2003..The objective of this study was to compare the effect of a calcium phosphate cement with that of impacted cancellous autograft for maintaining an anatomical reduction in an experimental model of a tibial plateau fracture...
- Recombinant human bone morphogenic protein-2-enhanced anterior spine fusion without bone encroachment into the spinal canal: a histomorphometric study in a thoracoscopically instrumented porcine modelHong Zhang
Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, Dallas, Texas 75219, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 30:512-8. 2005....
- Histomorphometric assessment of thoracoscopically assisted anterior release in a porcine model: safety and completeness of disc discectomy with surgeon learning curveHong Zhang
Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, Dallas, TX 75219, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:188-92. 2007..A retrospective study using histomorphometric analysis to quantify the percentage of discectomy following thoracoscopic anterior release and fusion in a porcine model...
- Anterior vertebral body screw position placed thoracoscopically: a function of anatomy and surgeon experience in a porcine modelHong Zhang
Texas Scottish Rite Hospital, Dallas 75219, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 29:815-22. 2004....
- Recombinant human bone morphogenetic protein-2 enhances anterior spinal fusion in a thoracoscopically instrumented animal modelDaniel J Sucato
Seay Center for Musculoskeletal Research, Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, 2222 Welborn Street, Dallas, TX 75219, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 86:752-62. 2004..The purpose of this study was to compare autologous iliac crest and rib graft with recombinant human bone morphogenetic protein-2 (rhBMP-2) in thoracoscopically assisted anterior spinal arthrodesis and instrumentation in an animal model...
- Successful treatment of unicameral bone cyst by single percutaneous injection of alpha-BSMDinesh Thawrani
Department of Pediatric Orthopaedics, Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, Dallas, Texas, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 29:511-7. 2009..The purpose of this study was to evaluate clinical and radiographic outcomes of UBC treated by a single injection of alpha-BSM...
- Thoracoscopic discectomy and fusion in an animal model: safe and effective when segmental blood vessels are sparedDaniel J Sucato
Texas Scottish Rite Hospital, Dallas, Texas, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 27:880-6. 2002....
- The effect of hemorrhagic shock in a caprine tibial fracture modelAdam J Starr
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
J Orthop Trauma 16:250-6. 2002..Transient hemorrhagic shock does not appear to adversely affect closed tibia fracture healing in a goat model...
- A mechanical comparison of veterinary linear external fixation systemsDavid T White
Cheshire Veterinary Hospital, Cheshire, CT 06410, USA
Vet Surg 32:507-14. 2003..CLINICAL RELEVANCE: EFSs with increased frame rigidity should permit the use of less complex frame designs while providing fracture stability...
- Inflammatory markers at hospital discharge predict subsequent mortality after pneumonia and sepsisSachin Yende
The Clinical Research, Investigation, and Systems Modeling of Acute Illness CRISMA Laboratory, Department of Critical Care Medicine, Graduate School of Pubic Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 177:1242-7. 2008..Survivors of hospitalization for community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) are at increased risk of cardiovascular events, repeat infections, and death in the following months but the cause is unknown...
- External fixation of the lumbar spine in a canine modelTamara M Walker
Department of Clinical Sciences, Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99163, USA
Vet Surg 31:181-8. 2002..This study supports the biomechanical stability ESSF of the canine lumbar spine. Further studies are indicated to evaluate zones of consistently safe and secure placement of pins and clinical efficacy...