Diane Wind Wardell
Affiliation: Baylor College of Medicine
- Healing touch for older adults with persistent painDiane Wind Wardell
School of Nursing, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Holist Nurs Pract 26:194-202. 2012..Therefore, HT may be beneficial for some older adults within long-term care facilities as an adjunct for chronic pain...
- Review of studies of healing touchDiane Wind Wardell
University of Texas Houston Health Science Center, School of Nursing, 1100 Holcombe Blvd 5th Floor, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Nurs Scholarsh 36:147-54. 2004..To review studies of healing touch and its implications for practice and research...
- Study descriptions of healing touch with veterans experiencing chronic neuropathic pain from spinal cord injuryDiane Wind Wardell
The University of Texas Houston, Health Science Center, School of Nursing, Houston, TX, USA
Explore (NY) 4:187-95. 2008..The practice of HT is based on the premise that the energy field has the ability to provide valuable information about the person's physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual condition and can influence the dense matter of physical form...
- Commentary on "a spiritually based group intervention for combat veterans with posttraumatic stress disorder: feasability study"Diane Wind Wardell
University of Texas at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Holist Nurs 26:117-8. 2008
- Energy-based modalitiesJoan Engebretson
Department of Target Populations, School of Nursing, University of Texas Health Science Center Houston, 6901 Bertner Avenue, Room 764, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Nurs Clin North Am 42:243-59, vi. 2007..The multidimensional aspects of healing inherent in patient care continue to be expanded and facilitated by our understanding and application of energy therapies...
- Using healing touch for end of life careDiane Wind Wardell
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, USA
Beginnings 27:28-9. 2007
- Experience of a Reiki sessionJoan Engebretson
University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston, USA
Altern Ther Health Med 8:48-53. 2002..These findings suggest that many linear models used in researching touch therapies are not complex enough to capture the experience of participants...
- A pilot study of healing touch and progressive relaxation for chronic neuropathic pain in persons with spinal cord injuryDiane Wind Wardell
University of Texas Houston Hhealthcare system, USA
J Holist Nurs 24:231-40; discussion 241-4. 2006..Participants reported various experiences with HT sessions indicating that it may have benefit in the complex response to chronic pain...