Jose I Suarez
Affiliation: Baylor College of Medicine
- The Albumin in Subarachnoid Hemorrhage (ALISAH) multicenter pilot clinical trial: safety and neurologic outcomesJose I Suarez
Department of Neurology, Baylor College of Medicine, 6501 Fannin Street, NB 302, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Stroke 43:683-90. 2012..We investigated the safety and tolerability of 25% human albumin in patients with subarachnoid hemorrhage...
- Magnesium sulfate administration in subarachnoid hemorrhageJose I Suarez
Department of Neurology, Baylor College of Medicine, 6501 Fannin St, NB302, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Neurocrit Care 15:302-7. 2011..Benefit was likewise not supported in the single phase III clinical trial...
- The neurocritical care research network: NCRNJ I Suarez
Division of Vascular Neurology and Neurocritical Care, Department of Neurology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Neurocrit Care 16:29-34. 2012..The mission of the Network is to facilitate multicenter and multidisciplinary collaboration and patient enrollment in clinical trials of specific neurocritical care diseases...
- Treatment of subarachnoid hemorrhage with human albumin: ALISAH study. Rationale and designJose I Suarez
Department of Neurology, Divisions Vascular Neurology and Neurocritical Care, Baylor College of Medicine, 6501 Fannin St, MS NB320, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Neurocrit Care 13:263-77. 2010..The Glasgow Outcome Scale, Barthel Index, modified Rankin Scale, NIH Stroke Scale, and Stroke Impact Scale will be performed 3 months after the onset of symptoms to assess residual neurological deficits...
- Impact of a specialized neurointensive care team on outcomes of critically ill acute ischemic stroke patientsEric M Bershad
Division of Vascular Neurology and Neurocritical Care, Department of Neurology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, NB 302, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Neurocrit Care 9:287-92. 2008..This study is intended to investigate such benefit...
- Thrombolysis for acute ischemic stroke in patients with cancer: a population studySantosh B Murthy
From the Department of Neurology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX S B M, S S, C P V R, E M B, J I S Division of Management, Policy and Community Health, University of Texas School of Public Health, Houston, TX S K and Department of Hematology and Oncology, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY A S
Stroke 44:3573-6. 2013..The safety of thrombolysis for acute stroke in patients with cancer is not well established. Our aim is to study the outcomes after thrombolysis in patients with stroke with cancer...
- The SILK flow diverter in the treatment of intracranial aneurysmsSantosh B Murthy
Department of Neurology, Baylor College of Medicine, 6501 Fannin, NB 302, Houston, TX 77030, USA Electronic address
J Clin Neurosci 21:203-6. 2014....
- Comparing multislice electrocardiogram-gated spiral computerized tomography and transesophageal echocardiography in evaluating aortic atheroma in patients with acute ischemic strokeSyed I Hussain
Department of Neurology, Medical College of Wisconsin Froedtert Hospital, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 55326, USA
J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 17:134-40. 2008..The aim of this study was to compare transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) and cardiac-gated computerized tomography (CGCT) in detecting aortic atherosclerosis (AA)...
- Human albumin administration in subarachnoid hemorrhage: results of an international surveyJose I Suarez
Division of Vascular Neurology and Neurocritical Care, Department of Neurology, Baylor College of Medicine, 1 Baylor Plaza, NB 320, Houston, TX, 77030, USA
Neurocrit Care 20:277-86. 2014..However, current usage of ALB in SAH is not known. We conducted an international survey of clinicians involved in the care of SAH patients to determine current practice of ALB administration in SAH...
- Stroke severity predicted by aortic atheroma detected by ultra-fast and cardiac-gated chest tomographyMarc A Lazzaro
Department of Neurology, Medical College of Wisconsin Froedtert Hospital Milwaukee, WI, USA
Front Neurol 2:18. 2011..There was no evidence of association with 3-month functional outcome using the mRS...
- Treatment of unruptured intracranial aneurysms with the pipeline embolization deviceSantosh B Murthy
Department of Neurology, Baylor College of Medicine, 1 Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Neurosci 21:6-11. 2014..More prospective clinical trials are warranted to further validate these results...
- Stroke-associated pneumonia: major advances and obstaclesYousef Hannawi
Department of Neurology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA yousefhannawi yahoo com
Cerebrovasc Dis 35:430-43. 2013..We reviewed the pathophysiology, microbiology, incidence, risk factors, outcomes and prophylaxis of SAP with special attention to ICU studies...
- Hypertonic saline for cerebral edemaAlexandros L Georgiadis
Department of Neurology, University Hospitals of Cleveland, 11100 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep 3:524-30. 2003..However, hypertonic saline solutions have recently emerged as a potentially safer and more efficacious alternative to mannitol...
- Intracranial hypertensionEric M Bershad
Department of Neurology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Semin Neurol 28:690-702. 2008..Several integrated management paradigms have been used to treat intracranial hypertension. Regrettably, there is a dearth of randomized clinical trials to confirm the efficacy of even our most routine therapeutic strategies...
- Prothrombin complex concentrates for oral anticoagulant therapy-related intracranial hemorrhage: a review of the literatureEric M Bershad
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Neurocrit Care 12:403-13. 2010..PCC has features which make it a promising therapy for patients with warfarin-related intracranial hemorrhage, and deserves more rigorous study in prospective-randomized controlled trials...
- Breathing and the nervous systemMian Zain Urfy
Department of Neurology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Handb Clin Neurol 119:241-50. 2014..Clinicians should have a better understanding of this complex but important physiological process to better appreciate pathologies affecting it. Future research is needed to enhance our understanding of this intricate process. ..
- Ketamine for refractory status epilepticus: a case of possible ketamine-induced neurotoxicityEroboghene E Ubogu
Department of Neurology, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Hanna House 5th Floor, 11100 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106 5040, USA
Epilepsy Behav 4:70-5. 2003..Animal studies of prolonged ketamine therapy are required before widespread human use in SE...
- Coagulopathy and inhospital deaths in patients with acute subdural hematomaEric M Bershad
Division of Vascular Neurology and Neurocritical Care, Department of Neurology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
J Neurosurg 109:664-9. 2008..The authors sought to determine if such a relationship exists for patients with acute SDH...
- Intracranial angioplasty and stent placement after stenting and aggressive medical management for preventing recurrent stroke in intracranial stenosis (SAMMPRIS) trial: present state and future considerationsAdnan I Qureshi
Zeenat Qureshi Stroke Research Center, Department of Neurology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Neuroimaging 22:1-13. 2012..The purpose of this report is to review the components of the designs and methods SAMMPRIS trial and to describe the influence of those components on the interpretation of trial results...
- Therapeutic hypothermia in stroke and traumatic brain injuryAlireza Faridar
Department of Neurology, University of Minnesota Minneapolis, MN, USA
Front Neurol 2:80. 2011..It is very likely that combining neuroprotective strategies will yield better outcomes than utilizing a single approach...
- Comparison of combined venous and arterial thrombolysis with primary arterial therapy using recombinant tissue plasminogen activator in acute ischemic strokeThomas Wolfe
Department of Neurology, Medical College of Wisconsin Froedtert Hospital, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 17:121-8. 2008..We sought to compare the safety and efficacy of combined intravenous (IV) and intra-arterial (IA) thrombolysis with primary IA therapy using tissue plasminogen activator for acute ischemic stroke presenting within 6 hours of symptom onset...