Affiliation: Baylor College of Medicine
- Adult attachment predicts maternal brain and oxytocin response to infant cuesLane Strathearn
Department of Pediatrics, The Meyer Center for Developmental Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 34:2655-66. 2009..These results suggest that individual differences in maternal attachment may be linked with development of the dopaminergic and oxytocinergic neuroendocrine systems...
- Maternal oxytocin response during mother-infant interaction: associations with adult temperamentLane Strathearn
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Horm Behav 61:429-35. 2012..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled Oxytocin, Vasopressin, and Social Behavior...
- What's in a smile? Maternal brain responses to infant facial cuesLane Strathearn
Department of Neuroscience, Meyer Center for Developmental Pediatrics, Human Neuroimaging Laboratory, Clinical Care Center, Suite 1530, 6621 Fannin St, Houston TX 77030 2399, USA
Pediatrics 122:40-51. 2008..Our goal was to determine how a mother's brain responds to her own infant's facial expressions, comparing happy, neutral, and sad face affect...
- Does breastfeeding protect against substantiated child abuse and neglect? A 15-year cohort studyLane Strathearn
Department of Pediatrics, The Meyer Center for Developmental Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Pediatrics 123:483-93. 2009..We explored whether breastfeeding was protective against maternally perpetrated child maltreatment...
- Cocaine addiction in mothers: potential effects on maternal care and infant developmentLane Strathearn
The Meyer Center for Developmental Pediatrics, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030 2399, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1187:172-83. 2010....
- Maternal neglect: oxytocin, dopamine and the neurobiology of attachmentL Strathearn
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
J Neuroendocrinol 23:1054-65. 2011....
- A Functional MRI Study of Mother-Infant AttachmentLane Strathearn; Fiscal Year: 2007..Infant attachment will be assessed 8 months later using the Strange Situation procedure. ..
- Maternal Brain and Behavioral Responses to Infant Cues in Cocaine Exposed MothersLane Strathearn; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding how early life experiences may lead to cocaine abuse may also help us to prevent problems for the generation to come. ..
- Intranasal Oxytocin: A Neuropharmacological Intervention for Maternal Neglect?Lane Strathearn; Fiscal Year: 2010..The hope is that this may lead to a drug treatment for disorders of mother-infant attachment. ..