Poyyapakkam R Srivaths
Affiliation: Baylor College of Medicine
- High serum phosphorus and FGF 23 levels are associated with progression of coronary calcificationsPoyyapakkam R Srivaths
Texas Children s Hospital Pediatric Nephrology, Baylor College of Medicine, 6621 Fannin Street, MC 3 2482, Houston, TX, 77030, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 29:103-9. 2014..The current study was undertaken to determine and elucidate CC progression in pediatric HD patients...
- Two-point normalized protein catabolic rate overestimates nPCR in pediatric hemodialysis patientsPoyyapakkam R Srivaths
Renal Section, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 28:797-801. 2013..This study aimed to compare nPCR calculated with a two-point vs. a three-point nPCR model in pediatric HD patients...
- Malnutrition-inflammation-coronary calcification in pediatric patients receiving chronic hemodialysisPoyyapakkam R Srivaths
Department of Pediatrics, Renal Section, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Hemodial Int 14:263-9. 2010..Coronary calcification was prevalent in older children receiving maintenance hemodialysis with a longer dialysis vintage. Worse renal osteodystrophy control and malnutrition (low cholesterol) may contribute to CC development...
- Elevated FGF 23 and phosphorus are associated with coronary calcification in hemodialysis patientsPoyyapakkam R Srivaths
Department of Pediatrics, Renal Section, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, 77030, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 26:945-51. 2011..This study confirms the occurrence of CC in pediatric HD patients and is the first to show a significant association between CC and elevated serum FGF 23 in children...
- Nutrition aspects in children receiving maintenance hemodialysis: impact on outcomePoyyapakkam R Srivaths
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine and Renal Services, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 24:951-7. 2009..This article is a state-of-the-art review of malnutrition in children receiving maintenance hemodialysis, with special focus on outcome, nPCR and IDPN...