Affiliation: Baylor College of Medicine
- Perioperative atrial tachycardia is associated with increased mortality in infants undergoing cardiac surgeryPirouz Shamszad
Lillie Frank Abercrombie Section of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, and Department of Pharmacy, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 144:396-401. 2012..We hypothesized that atrial tachycardia in infants undergoing cardiac surgery is not rare and is associated with increased morbidity and mortality...
- Association between left ventricular mass index and cardiac function in pediatric dialysis patientsPirouz Shamszad
Department of Pediatrics, Lillie Frank Abercrombie Section of Cardiology, Baylor College of Medicine, 6621 Fannin St, MC 19345 C, Houston, 77030, TX, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 27:835-41. 2012..LVMI has not been linked to cardiovascular endpoints in children. The aim of this study was to identify an association between elevated LVMI and echocardiographic markers of systolic and diastolic function...
- Characterization of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation for pediatric cardiac arrest in the United States: analysis of the kids' inpatient databaseAdam W Lowry
Division of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, Lucile Packard Children s Hospital, Stanford University, 750 Welch Rd, Suite 325, Palo Alto, CA 94306, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 34:1422-30. 2013..In this retrospective administrative database analysis, E-CPR did not significantly influence survival. Further study is needed to improve outcomes and to identify patients most likely to benefit from this resource-intensive therapy...
- Impact of preoperative risk factors on outcomes after Norwood palliation for hypoplastic left heart syndromePirouz Shamszad
Lillie Frank Abercrombie Section of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, Texas Children s Hospital, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Tex Electronic address
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 147:897-901. 2014..Infants with hypoplastic left heart syndrome (HLHS) are susceptible to pre-Norwood comorbidities (PCs) and complications. This study aimed to describe the effect of PCs on timing and survival of Norwood palliation (NP)...
- Characteristics and outcomes of heart failure-related intensive care unit admissions in children with cardiomyopathyPirouz Shamszad
Department of Pediatrics, Lillie Frank Abercrombie Section of Cardiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas Department of Pediatrics, The Heart Institute, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio Electronic address
J Card Fail 19:672-7. 2013..The purpose of this study was to describe patient characteristics and outcomes of heart failure (HF)-related intensive care unit (ICU) hospitalizations in children with cardiomyopathy (CM)...
- Prevalence and outcomes of pediatric in-hospital cardiopulmonary resuscitation in the United States: an analysis of the Kids' Inpatient Database*Jarrod D Knudson
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, TX, USA
Crit Care Med 40:2940-4. 2012..Single-center studies and voluntary registries may skew the estimated prevalence and outcomes. This study aimed to determine the prevalence and outcomes of pediatric cardiopulmonary resuscitation on a national scale...
- Early surgical therapy of infective endocarditis in children: a 15-year experiencePirouz Shamszad
Lillie Frank Abercrombie Section of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, Texas Children s Hospital, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Tex 77030, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 146:506-11. 2013..The aim of the present study was to describe the characteristics and outcomes of children undergoing surgery for infective endocarditis...