Mujeeb U Shad
Affiliation: Baylor College of Medicine
- Gray matter differences between healthy and depressed adolescents: a voxel-based morphometry studyMujeeb U Shad
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Health Sciences Center at Houston, Houston, TX 77054, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 22:190-7. 2012..However, little is known about the neurobiology of adolescent depression. A better understanding of the neurobiology will be helpful in developing more effective preventive and treatment interventions for this highly disabling illness...
- Neurobiology of decision-making in adolescentsMujeeb U Shad
University of Texas Health Sciences Center, Houston, TX 77054, USA
Behav Brain Res 217:67-76. 2011..These findings suggest individual differences in prefrontal cortical function with regards to decision-making process in adolescents...
- Neurobiology of decision making in depressed adolescents: a functional magnetic resonance imaging studyMujeeb U Shad
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 50:612-621.e2. 2011..This study examined the relationship between reward-related behavior and prefrontal activations in depressed and healthy adolescents during a decision-making task...
- Hippocampal changes associated with early-life adversity and vulnerability to depressionUma Rao
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, 75390 9101, USA
Biol Psychiatry 67:357-64. 2010..Hippocampal changes may mediate the relationship between early-life adversity and depressive illness in a subset of patients. However, there are no reports of longitudinal clinical studies that have examined this issue...
- Brief Report: Insight into Illness and Social Attributional Style in Asperger's SyndromeNyaz Didehbani
Center for BrainHealth, The University of Texas at Dallas, 2200 W Mockingbird Lane, Dallas, TX, 75235, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 42:2754-60. 2012..Results revealed that EB was negatively correlated with insight as assessed with the clinician-administered but not the self-administered measure of insight...
- Neurobiology of self-awareness deficits in schizophrenia: A hypothetical modelMujeeb U Shad
The University of Texas Health Science Center, 1421 East Road BBSB 3118, Houston, TX 77054, United States
Asian J Psychiatr 4:248-54. 2011....
- Neurobiology of self-awareness in schizophrenia: an fMRI studyMujeeb U Shad
The University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX, United States
Schizophr Res 138:113-9. 2012..These findings support results from earlier studies and demonstrate selective alteration in the activation of cortical midline structures associated with evaluations of self-reference in schizophrenia as compared to controls...