Affiliation: Baylor College of Medicine
- Endotoxin enhances microvascular thrombosis in mouse cremaster venules via a TLR4-dependent, neutrophil-independent mechanismRolando E Rumbaut
Medical Care Line, Michael E DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 290:H1671-9. 2006..These findings support the notion that endotoxemia promotes platelet thrombus formation independent of neutrophils and without enhancement of platelet aggregation, via a TLR4-dependent mechanism...
- Magnetic therapy for edema in inflammation: a physiological assessmentRolando E Rumbaut
Baylor College of Medicine, Children's Nutrition Research Center, 1100 Bates Avenue, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 294:H19-20. 2008
- Mouse cremaster venules are predisposed to light/dye-induced thrombosis independent of wall shear rate, CD18, ICAM-1, or P-selectinRolando E Rumbaut
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Microcirculation 11:239-47. 2004..The authors sought to determine whether lower wall shear rates or leukocyte-endothelial interactions accounted for preferential platelet thrombi formation in venules relative to arterioles...
- Platelet-microvessel interactionsRolando E Rumbaut
Medical Care Line, Michael E. DeBakey V.A. Medical Center and Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Microcirculation 12:233-4. 2005
- Microvascular thrombosis models in venules and arterioles in vivoRolando E Rumbaut
Medical Care Line, Michael E DeBakey V A Medical Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Microcirculation 12:259-74. 2005..Recognizing these characteristics should help investigators select an appropriate model for studying microvascular thrombosis in vivo...
- Platelets enhance neutrophil transendothelial migration via P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1Fong W Lam
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, 1100 Bates, Rm 6014, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 300:H468-75. 2011..These data support the notion that platelets enhance neutrophil transmigration across the inflamed endothelium both in vivo and in vitro, via a PSGL-1-dependent mechanism...
- Neutrophils, nitric oxide, and microvascular permeability in severe sepsisSamjot S Dhillon
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, CNRC Building, Room 6014, 1100 Bates St, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Chest 128:1706-12. 2005..Presence of peripheral edema in these patients was associated with increased Kf, and may represent a simple, clinical indicator of altered microvascular permeability in sepsis...
- Effect of an anti-sulfatide single-chain antibody probe on platelet functionPrasenjit Guchhait
Thrombosis Research Section, Dept of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, BCM286, N1319, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Thromb Haemost 99:552-7. 2008..05), though in-vivo haemostasis did not differ significantly. Thus, this study provides new evidence for a role for membrane sulfatide in platelet function...
- Transendothelial flow inhibits neutrophil transmigration through a nitric oxide-dependent mechanism: potential role for cleft shear stressAlan R Burns
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H2904-10. 2007..These data are consistent with the hypothesis that endothelial cleft shear stress inhibits neutrophil transmigration via a NO-dependent mechanism...
- gamma delta T cells are necessary for platelet and neutrophil accumulation in limbal vessels and efficient epithelial repair after corneal abrasionZhijie Li
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Am J Pathol 171:838-45. 2007..These results are consistent with the conclusion that gammadelta T cells are necessary for efficient inflammation, platelet localization in the limbus, and epithelial wound healing after corneal abrasion...
- Similar permeability responses to nitric oxide synthase inhibitors of venules from three animal speciesRolando E Rumbaut
Department of Medicine and Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston V A Medical Center, 2002 Holcombe Blvd, Building 109, Room 114, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Microvasc Res 64:21-31. 2002..These data support a role of nitric oxide release on venular permeability to albumin that is conserved among the three animal species...
- Platelet response to corneal abrasion is necessary for acute inflammation and efficient re-epithelializationZhijie Li
Section of Leukocyte Biology, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Nutrition Research Center, 1100 Bates, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:4794-802. 2006..In this study, the contributions of P-selectin to neutrophil emigration into the cornea after central epithelial abrasion were investigated...
- Mitochondria are fast Ca2+ sinks in rat extraocular muscles: a novel regulatory influence on contractile function and metabolismFrancisco H Andrade
Department of Physiology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0298, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:4541-7. 2005....
- Fluorescent dyes modify properties of proteins used in microvascular researchSusan Bingaman
Department of Physiology, University of Missouri-Columbia, Columbia, MO, USA
Microcirculation 10:221-31. 2003..These findings may affect the interpretation of microvascular permeability experiments performed using fluorescent dyes, and they suggest care in the selection of dyes for such experiments...
- Extravascular transport of fluorescently labeled albumins in the rat mesenteryNorman R Harris
Department of Bioengineering, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802 6804, USA
Microcirculation 9:177-87. 2002....
- Hyperhomocystinemia impairs endothelial function and eNOS activity via PKC activationXiaohua Jiang
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 25:2515-21. 2005..A risk factor for cardiovascular disease, hyperhomocystinemia (HHcy), is associated with endothelial dysfunction. In this study, we examined the mechanistic role of HHcy in endothelial dysfunction...
- Efficacy of antithrombin in the prevention of microvascular thrombosis during endotoxemia: an intravital microscopic studyHeiko Sorg
Institute for Experimental Surgery, University of Rostock, Schillingallee 69a, 18055 Rostock, Germany
Thromb Res 121:241-8. 2007..Therefore, this study investigated the antithrombotic property of AT as potential monotherapy in an experimental endotoxemia model in order to omit concomitant heparin...
- REGULATION OF MICROVASCULAR PERMEABILITY BY NITRIC OXIDEROLANDO RUMBAUT; Fiscal Year: 2004..The long-term goal is to apply the knowledge gained from these studies to allow optimal management of patients with these important clinical entities and their associated microvascular alterations. ..
- MECHANISMS OF MICROVASCULAR THROMBOSIS IN ENDOTOXEMIAROLANDO RUMBAUT; Fiscal Year: 2007..S. Our goal is to understand the causes of a severe complication of this illness, clots in tiny blood vessels. This information would help develop new treatments for patients with this devastating illness. ..
- MECHANISMS OF MICROVASCULAR THROMBOSIS IN ENDOTOXEMIAROLANDO RUMBAUT; Fiscal Year: 2009..S. Our goal is to understand the causes of a severe complication of this illness, clots in tiny blood vessels. This information would help develop new treatments for patients with this devastating illness. ..