Mothaffar F Rimawi
Affiliation: Baylor College of Medicine
- Multicenter phase II study of neoadjuvant lapatinib and trastuzumab with hormonal therapy and without chemotherapy in patients with human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-overexpressing breast cancer: TBCRC 006Mothaffar F Rimawi
Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 31:1726-31. 2013..In this clinical trial, we sought to translate these findings to patients using targeted therapy without chemotherapy...
- Making sense of clinical trial data: is inverse probability of censoring weighted analysis the answer to crossover bias?Mothaffar Rimawi
Dan L Duncan Cancer Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:453-8. 2012..Notably, IPCW analysis may be particularly suited for detecting overall survival benefits that otherwise would not be detected with an ITT approach, as reported for the BIG 1-98 trial...
- Epidermal growth factor receptor expression in breast cancer association with biologic phenotype and clinical outcomesMothaffar F Rimawi
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Cancer 116:1234-42. 2010..We hypothesized that EGFR expression in human breast tumors, when centrally and uniformly assessed, is associated with an aggressive phenotype and resistance to systemic therapy...
- Reduced dose and intermittent treatment with lapatinib and trastuzumab for potent blockade of the HER pathway in HER2/neu-overexpressing breast tumor xenograftsMothaffar F Rimawi
Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center, Margaret M and Albert B Alkek Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:1351-61. 2011....
- Predictors of post-mastectomy reconstruction in an underserved populationErik M Wolfswinkel
Division of Plastic Surgery, Michael E DeBakey Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, 6701 Fannin St Suite 610, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 66:763-9. 2013..We evaluated these factors at a public hospital serving a predominantly minority and uninsured population...
- β1 integrin mediates an alternative survival pathway in breast cancer cells resistant to lapatinibCatherine Huang
Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77054, USA
Breast Cancer Res 13:R84. 2011..The β1 integrin resides on the membrane of the breast cancer cell, activating several elements of breast tumor progression including proliferation and survival...
- Therapeutic potential of the dual EGFR/HER2 inhibitor AZD8931 in circumventing endocrine resistanceGladys Morrison
Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center and Dan L Duncan Cancer Center, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, BCM 600, Houston, TX, 77030, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 144:263-72. 2014..The absence of tumor regression, however, suggests that additional escape pathways contribute to resistant growth and will need to be targeted to fully circumvent tamoxifen resistance...
- Different mechanisms for resistance to trastuzumab versus lapatinib in HER2-positive breast cancers--role of estrogen receptor and HER2 reactivationYen Chao Wang
Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Breast Cancer Res 13:R121. 2011..Here we investigate resistance mechanisms to each drug alone, or to their combination using a large panel of HER2-positive cell lines made resistant to these drugs...
- A renewable tissue resource of phenotypically stable, biologically and ethnically diverse, patient-derived human breast cancer xenograft modelsXiaomei Zhang
Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center, Departments of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Pathology, and Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Cancer Res 73:4885-97. 2013..These models thus serve as a renewable, quality-controlled tissue resource for preclinical studies investigating treatment response and metastasis...
- High IGF-IR activity in triple-negative breast cancer cell lines and tumorgrafts correlates with sensitivity to anti-IGF-IR therapyBeate C Litzenburger
Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center and Dan L Duncan Cancer Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:2314-27. 2011..We tested whether the IGF signature was affected by anti-IGF-I receptor (IGF-IR) inhibitors and whether the IGF signature correlated with response to a dual anti-IGF-IR/insulin receptor (InsR) inhibitor, BMS-754807...
- Jejunal intussusception due to malignant phyllodes tumor of the breastMehmet Asim Bilen
Department of Internal Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, 1709 Dryden Road, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 12:219-21. 2012..Here we present the first patient with jejunal metastases and intussusception due to malignant phyllodes tumor of the breast. Adjuvant treatment of malignant phyllodes tumor needs to be investigated...