Affiliation: Baylor College of Medicine
- It's more than stamp collecting: how genome sequencing can unify biological researchStephen Richards
Human Genome Sequencing Center, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA Electronic address
Trends Genet 31:411-21. 2015....
- The genome of the model beetle and pest Tribolium castaneumStephen Richards
Human Genome Sequencing Center, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Nature 452:949-55. 2008..Systemic RNA interference in T. castaneum functions differently from that in Caenorhabditis elegans, but nevertheless offers similar power for the elucidation of gene function and identification of targets for selective insect control...
- Deep sequencing and genome-wide analysis reveals the expansion of MicroRNA genes in the gall midge Mayetiola destructorChitvan Khajuria
Department of Entomology, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas 66056, USA
BMC Genomics 14:187. 2013..The gall midge Mayetiola destructor, commonly known as the Hessian fly, is a destructive pest of wheat and model organism for studying gall midge biology and insect - host plant interactions...
- A sequence-level map of chromosomal breakpoints in the MCF-7 breast cancer cell line yields insights into the evolution of a cancer genomeOliver A Hampton
Bioinformatics Research Laboratory, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Genome Res 19:167-77. 2009..We show that knock-down of SULF2 in cell lines causes tumorigenic phenotypes, including increased proliferation, enhanced survival, and increased anchorage-independent growth...
- Mind the gap: upgrading genomes with Pacific Biosciences RS long-read sequencing technologyAdam C English
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Human Genome Sequencing Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
PLoS ONE 7:e47768. 2012..The accuracy of gap closure was validated by comparison to Sanger sequencing on gaps from the original D. pseudoobscura draft assembly and shown to be dependent on initial reference quality...
- Comparative genome sequencing of Drosophila pseudoobscura: chromosomal, gene, and cis-element evolutionStephen Richards
Human Genome Sequencing Center and Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston Texas 77030, USA
Genome Res 15:1-18. 2005..Overall, a pattern of repeat-mediated chromosomal rearrangement, and high coadaptation of both male genes and cis-regulatory sequences emerges as important themes of genome divergence between these species of Drosophila...