J Marc Rhoads
Affiliation: Baylor College of Medicine
- Lactobacillus reuteri strains reduce incidence and severity of experimental necrotizing enterocolitis via modulation of TLR4 and NF-κB signaling in the intestineYuying Liu
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Gastroenterology, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Medical School, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 302:G608-17. 2012..reuteri strains has potential therapeutic value in our NEC model and in enteritis associated with cow milk feeding. These results support the concept that L. reuteri may represent a valuable treatment to prevent NEC...
- Intestinal ribosomal p70(S6K) signaling is increased in piglet rotavirus enteritisJ Marc Rhoads
Department of Pediatrics, Ochsner Clinic Foundation and Ochsner Children s Research Institute, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 292:G913-22. 2007..In conclusion, intestinal activation of p70(S6K) was not inhibited by malnutrition but was strongly activated during an active state of mucosal regeneration...
- Altered fecal microflora and increased fecal calprotectin in infants with colicJ Marc Rhoads
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Health Sciences Center at Houston School of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Pediatr 155:823-828.e1. 2009..We explored whether gut inflammation, colonic fermentation, and/or an altered colonic flora could provide a pathophysiological mechanism for colic...
- Glutamine, arginine, and leucine signaling in the intestineJ Marc Rhoads
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Amino Acids 37:111-22. 2009..Therefore, through cellular signaling mechanisms, arginine, glutamine, and leucine play crucial roles in intestinal growth, integrity, and function...
- Arginine stimulates cdx2-transformed intestinal epithelial cell migration via a mechanism requiring both nitric oxide and phosphorylation of p70 S6 kinaseJ Marc Rhoads
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Nutr 138:1652-7. 2008....
- Role of mTOR signaling in intestinal cell migrationJ Marc Rhoads
Div of Gastroenterology, Dept of Pediatrics, Univ of Texas Medical School at Houston, 6431 Fannin St, MSB 7 137, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 291:G510-7. 2006..We conclude that mTOR/p70(s6k) signaling is essential to intestinal cell migration, is activated by ARG, involves both nuclear and cytoplasmic events, and may play a role in intestinal repair...
- Safety and tolerability of Lactobacillus reuteri DSM 17938 and effects on biomarkers in healthy adults: results from a randomized masked trialNisha Mangalat
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e43910. 2012..There are few carefully-designed studies investigating the safety of individual probiotics approved under Investigational New Drug policies...
- Corticosteroid-responsive enteropathy of infancySteven N Lichtman
Department of Pediatrics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 27599 7220, USA
J Health Popul Nutr 23:331-8. 2005..Corticosteroids were uneventfully weaned over a four-month period. The results suggest that a trial of corticosteroids in infants with unresponsive persistent diarrhoea of unknown origin is beneficial and deserves prospective evaluation...
- Arginine activates intestinal p70(S6k) and protein synthesis in piglet rotavirus enteritisBenjamin A Corl
Department of Animal Sciences, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695, USA
J Nutr 138:24-9. 2008....
- Research agenda for pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition: secretion and diarrhea. Report of the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition for the Children's Digestive Health and Nutrition FoundationWayne I Lencer
Children's Digestive Health and Nutrition Foundation, PO Box 6, Flourtown, PA 19031, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 35:S246-9. 2002
- Inducible nitric oxide synthase mediates early epithelial repair of porcine ileumJody L Gookin
Department of Anatomy, Physiological Sciences, and Radiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina 27606, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 283:G157-68. 2002..These results demonstrate that iNOS-derived NO is a key mediator of early villous reepithelialization following acute mucosal injury...
- Oral bovine serum concentrate improves cryptosporidial enteritis in calvesElaine Hunt
Department of Anatomy, Physiology, and Radiological Sciences, North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Raleigh, USA
Pediatr Res 51:370-6. 2002..05). BSC should be studied as a treatment for human cryptosporidiosis...
- Arginine deficiency in preterm infants: biochemical mechanisms and nutritional implicationsGuoyao Wu
Faculty of Nutrition, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843, USA
J Nutr Biochem 15:442-51. 2004..This new knowledge will be beneficial for designing the next generation of enteral and parenteral amino acid solutions to optimize nutrition and health in this compromised population...
- Persistent and chronic diarrhea and malabsorption: Working Group report of the second World Congress of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and NutritionZulfiqar A Bhutta
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 39:S711-6. 2004