Affiliation: Baylor College of Medicine
- Perceptions of social support, empowerment and youth risk behaviorsBelinda M Reininger
Division of Behavioral Sciences, School of Public Health, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Brownsville Regional Campus, Brownsville, TX, USA
J Prim Prev 33:33-46. 2012....
- Advancing the theory and measurement of collective empowerment: a qualitative studyBelinda Reininger
The Norman J Arnold School of Public Health, University of South Carolina, SC, USA
Int Q Community Health Educ 25:211-38. 2005..These findings suggest that the construct of collective empowerment can be both operationalized and evaluated at the community level...
- Disturbed sleep among adolescents living in 2 communities on the Texas-Mexico border, 2000-2003Adriana Perez
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Austin, TX 78701, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 7:A40. 2010..We estimated the prevalence of disturbed sleep and associated factors among ninth graders living on the Texas-Mexico border...
- Response to H1N1 in a U.S.-Mexico border communityJoseph B McCormick
University of Texas School of Public Health, Brownsville Regional Campus, Brownsville, Texas 78520, USA
Biosecur Bioterror 8:233-42. 2010..These simple methods should be considered for local implementation and for integration into national recommendations for epidemic preparedness and response...
- A multimedia educational program that increases science achievement among inner-city non-Asian minority middle-school studentsNancy G Murray
Behavioral Sciences, The Michael and Susan Dell Center for Advancement of Healthy Living, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, School of Public Health, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Acad Med 84:803-11. 2009..Collaborators from The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Spring Branch Independent School District, and the Health Museum developed the modules...
- An exploration of the relationship between youth assets and engagement in risky sexual behaviorsAlexandra E Evans
Department of Health Promotion, Education, and Behavior, Arnold School of Public Health, University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina 29208, USA
J Adolesc Health 35:424.e21-30. 2004....
- Perceived barriers to exercise in Hispanic adults by level of activityLorraine Bautista
Dept of Behavioral Science, University of Texas School of Public Health, Brownsville Regional Campus, USA
J Phys Act Health 8:916-25. 2011..National data show that Hispanics report low levels of physical activity. Limited information on barriers to exercise in this population exists in the literature...
- Ergonomic decision-making: a conceptual framework for experienced practitioners from backgrounds in industrial engineering and physical therapyKaren M Piegorsch
Synergo, P O Box 415, Columbia, SC 29202, USA
Appl Ergon 37:587-98. 2006..Results indicate that demands of the practitioner environment and practitioner factors such as personality more strongly influence the decision-making of experienced ergonomics practitioners than does practitioner background in IE or PT...