Affiliation: Baylor College of Medicine
- Sequence variant classification and reporting: recommendations for improving the interpretation of cancer susceptibility genetic test resultsSharon E Plon
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor Cancer Genetics Clinic, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Hum Mutat 29:1282-91. 2008..The international adoption of a standardized reporting system should improve the clinical utility of sequence-based genetic tests to predict cancer risk...
- Genetic testing and cancer risk management recommendations by physicians for at-risk relativesSharon E Plon
Department of Pediatrics, Dan L Duncan Cancer Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Genet Med 13:148-54. 2011..Sequence-based cancer susceptibility testing results are described as negative, deleterious mutation or variant of uncertain significance. We studied the impact of different types of test results on clinical decision making...
- Identification of genetic susceptibility to childhood cancer through analysis of genes in parallelSharon E Plon
Texas Children s Cancer Center, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Cancer Genet 204:19-25. 2011..The failure to detect mutations in 87% of families highlights that a number of childhood cancer susceptibility genes remain to be discovered...
- Outcomes of integrating genetics in management of patients with retinoblastomaShweta U Dhar
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 129:1428-34. 2011..To present the outcome of a comprehensive team approach to provide genetic evaluation and testing for a large cohort of children diagnosed with retinoblastoma...
- Do Physicians Understand Uncertain Variants and Other Genetic Test Results?Sharon Plon; Fiscal Year: 2009..With the increasing availability of complex testing modalities, e.g. DNA and RNA gene chips, for a variety of both rare and common diseases, appropriate reporting and physician education must accompany the development of these tests. ..
- Do Physicians Understand Uncertain Variants and Other Genetic Test Results?Sharon Plon; Fiscal Year: 2007..With the increasing availability of complex testing modalities, e.g. DNA and RNA gene chips, for a variety of both rare and common diseases, appropriate reporting and physician education must accompany the development of these tests. ..
- MEDICAL SCIENTIST TRAINING PROGRAMSharon Plon; Fiscal Year: 2007..He is supported by three Co-Directors: Jeffrey M. Rosen, PhD, Martin M. Matzuk, MD, PhD, and Sharon Plon, MD, PhD. Three of the four program directors received their training through NIH MSTPs (Dr. Lupski at NYU, Dr...
- MOLECULAR ANALYSIS OF FANCONI'S ANEMIA C PROTEINSharon Plon; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- ALTERNATIVE DNA DAMAGE CHECKPOINT PATHWAYS IN EUKARYOTESSharon Plon; Fiscal Year: 2002..These latter results will demonstrate whether activation of an alternative checkpoint pathway might be used therapeutically for patients with AT or to alter the resistance of tumors to radiation and other DNA-damaging agents. ..
- Genomic Approaches to Defining Inherited Basis of Childhood CancerSHARON EMMA PLON; Fiscal Year: 2010....