Affiliation: Baylor College of Medicine
- How variability in the institutional review board review process affects minimal-risk multisite health services researchLaura A Petersen
Health Services Research and Development 152, Michael E DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 2002 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Ann Intern Med 156:728-35. 2012..The Department of Health and Human Services recently called for public comment on human subjects research protections...
- Improving benchmarking by using an explicit framework for the development of composite indicators: an example using pediatric quality of careJochen Profit
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, TX, USA
Implement Sci 5:13. 2010..Without a scientifically robust and comprehensive approach to measurement of the quality of healthcare, performance measurement will ultimately fail to achieve its quality improvement goals...
- Does pay-for-performance improve the quality of health care?Laura A Petersen
Michael E DeBakey VA Medical Center and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Ann Intern Med 145:265-72. 2006..This produces no financial incentives and, in some cases, produces disincentives for quality. Increasing numbers of programs link payment to performance...
- Will hypertension performance measures used for pay-for-performance programs penalize those who care for medically complex patients?Laura A Petersen
MPH, Health Services Research and Development 152, Houston Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 2002 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Circulation 119:2978-85. 2009..We examined the impact of coexisting conditions on the quality of care for hypertension and patient perception of overall quality of their health care...
- Relationship between clinical conditions and use of Veterans Affairs health care among Medicare-enrolled veteransLaura A Petersen
Department, of Medicine, Michael E DeBakey VA Medical Center, Health Services Research and Development Center of Excellence, 2002 Holcombe Blvd Houston, TX 77030, USA
Health Serv Res 45:762-91. 2010..To determine how reliance on Veterans Affairs (VA) for medical care among veterans enrolled in Medicare is affected by medical conditions, access, and patient characteristics...
- The use of screening colonoscopy for patients cared for by the Department of Veterans AffairsHashem B El-Serag
Houston Center for Quality of Care and Utilization Studies, Michael E DeBakey VA Medical Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Arch Intern Med 166:2202-8. 2006..Because of differences in the delivery of health care, this trend in use of colonoscopy in fee-for-service settings might not be paralleled in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)...