Trung C Nguyen
Affiliation: Baylor College of Medicine
- Coinfection with Staphylococcus aureus increases risk of severe coagulopathy in critically ill children with influenza A (H1N1) virus infectionTrung Nguyen
Section of Critical Care Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, TX, USA
Crit Care Med 40:3246-50. 2012..We hypothesized that critically ill children with 2009 H1N1 and coinfections are at a higher risk of developing disseminated intravascular coagulation...
- The role of plasmapheresis in critical illnessTrung C Nguyen
Section of Critical Care Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Crit Care Clin 28:453-68, vii. 2012....
- Intensive plasma exchange increases a disintegrin and metalloprotease with thrombospondin motifs-13 activity and reverses organ dysfunction in children with thrombocytopenia-associated multiple organ failureTrung C Nguyen
Section of Critical Care, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Crit Care Med 36:2878-87. 2008....
- Plasma exchange therapy for thrombotic microangiopathiesTrung C Nguyen
Section of Critical Care, Department of Pediatrics, Texas Children s Hospital, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Organogenesis 7:28-31. 2011..In this review, we survey the current available evidence and practice of plasma exchange therapy for TMAs...
- Bench-to-bedside review: thrombocytopenia-associated multiple organ failure--a newly appreciated syndrome in the critically illTrung C Nguyen
Texas Children s Hospital, 6621 Fannin St MC2 3450, Houston, TX 770330, USA
Crit Care 10:235. 2006....
- Von Willebrand factor, ADAMTS-13, and thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpuraZhou Zhou
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Semin Thromb Hemost 36:71-81. 2010..This review also discusses the potential for ADAMTS-13 as a therapeutic drug for thrombotic conditions other than TTP...
- Evaluation of the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis and institutional diagnostic criteria of disseminated intravascular coagulation in pediatric patientsEsther P Soundar
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Texas Children s Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 139:812-6. 2013..05). Fibrinogen is not a significant predictor of overt DIC in both models. Sequential testing of coagulation parameters is recommended for improved sensitivity when applying ISTH criteria to pediatric populations...
- Acquired ADAMTS-13 deficiency in pediatric patients with severe sepsisTrung C Nguyen
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX, USA
Haematologica 92:121-4. 2007..The deficiency may contribute to the development of thrombocytopenia and ischemic organ failure associated with sepsis...
- Understanding the role of von Willebrand factor and its cleaving protease ADAM TS13 in the pathophysiology of critical illnessTrung C Nguyen
Pediatr Crit Care Med 8:187-9. 2007