Fernando R Moya
Affiliation: Baylor College of Medicine
- A multicenter, randomized, masked, comparison trial of lucinactant, colfosceril palmitate, and beractant for the prevention of respiratory distress syndrome among very preterm infantsFernando R Moya
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Pediatrics 115:1018-29. 2005....
- Regulation of human pulmonary surfactant protein gene expression by 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3Sarabjit S Phokela
Dept. of Pediatrics, The University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 289:L617-26. 2005....
- Evidence-based management of infants with congenital diaphragmatic herniaFernando R Moya
Department of Pediatrics, Coastal Area Health Education Center, Wilmington, NC 28402 9025, USA
Semin Perinatol 29:112-7. 2005....
- Surfactant does not improve survival rate in preterm infants with congenital diaphragmatic herniaKevin P Lally
Department of Surgery, University of Texas-Houston, 6431 Fannin St, MSB 5.258, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Pediatr Surg 39:829-33. 2004..The use of surfactant replacement in premature infants with CDH can be recommended only within the context of a randomized clinical trial...
- Postnatal dexamethasone therapy and cerebral tissue volumes in extremely low birth weight infantsNehal A Parikh
Division of Neonatal Perinatal Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Pediatrics 119:265-72. 2007..Our goal was to relate postnatal dexamethasone therapy in extremely low birth weight infants (birth weight of < or = 1000 g) to their total and regional brain volumes, as measured by volumetric MRI performed at term-equivalent age...
- Interaction of an artificial surfactant in human pulmonary epithelial cellsEdgar J Romero
Division of Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Health Science Center-Houston, Houston, TX, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 39:167-77. 2005..We conclude that while human type II cells and other lung cell types can incorporate the components of Surfaxin, the surfactant-related physiological functions of these cells are not altered...
- Randomized, controlled trial of slow versus rapid feeding volume advancement in preterm infantsJudith Caple
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Houston Medical School, 6431 Fannin St, MSB 3 218, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Pediatrics 114:1597-600. 2004..We also examined whether these infants regain birth weight earlier, have fewer days of intravenous fluids, and a have shorter hospital stay...
- Longitudinal assessment of heart rate variability in very low birth weight infants during their NICU stayAsif Z Khattak
The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Department of Pediatrics, 6431 Fannin Street, Houston, TX 77339, USA
Early Hum Dev 83:361-6. 2007..Maturation of the autonomic nervous system has not been studied in high-risk very low birth weight (VLBW) infants in the first few weeks of life...
- Risk factors predicting vasopressor use after patent ductus arteriosus ligationFurqan Moin
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas-Houston Medical School, Houston, Texas, USA
Am J Perinatol 20:313-20. 2003..Lower birth weight, lower gestational age, and higher respiratory support define a high-risk subgroup of patients in whom the prophylactic administration of vasopressor(s) could be studied...
- Surfactant trialsFernando R Moya
Pediatrics 117:245-7; author reply 247-8. 2006
- Surfactant replacement therapy on ECMO does not improve outcome in neonates with congenital diaphragmatic herniaChristopher E Colby
Division of Neonatal and Developmental Medicine, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
J Pediatr Surg 39:1632-7. 2004....