AMY LYNN MCGUIRE
Affiliation: Baylor College of Medicine
- McGuire A, Fisher R, Cusenza P, Hudson K, Rothstein M, McGraw D, et al. Confidentiality, privacy, and security of genetic and genomic test information in electronic health records: points to consider. Genet Med. 2008;10:495-9 pubmed publisher..These discussions can help guide policy that will facilitate the biological and clinical resource development to support the introduction of this information into health care. ..
- Frankel L, Pereira S, McGuire A. Potential Psychosocial Risks of Sequencing Newborns. Pediatrics. 2016;137 Suppl 1:S24-9 pubmed publisher....
- Bruce C, Majumder M, Stephens A, Malek J, McGuire A. Cultivating Administrative Support for a Clinical Ethics Consultation Service. J Clin Ethics. 2016;27:341-351 pubmed..Specifically, we discuss two elements that clinical ethics leaders must critically appraise and successfully argue to meet the expectations of administrators-the value of a CECS and its fit in clinical workflow. ..
- McGuire A, Gibbs R. Genetics. No longer de-identified. Science. 2006;312:370-1 pubmed
- McGuire A, Beskow L. Informed consent in genomics and genetic research. Annu Rev Genomics Hum Genet. 2010;11:361-81 pubmed publisher..All of these models attempt to balance the obligation to respect and protect research participants with the larger social interest in advancing beneficial research as quickly as possible. ..
- Deverka P, Majumder M, Villanueva A, Anderson M, Bakker A, Bardill J, et al. Creating a data resource: what will it take to build a medical information commons?. Genome Med. 2017;9:84 pubmed publisher..These principles promote formation of an ethically sound, inclusive, participant-centric MIC and provide a framework for advancing the policy response to data-sharing opportunities and challenges. ..