Shiraz A Maskatia
Affiliation: Baylor College of Medicine
- Aortic valve morphology is associated with outcomes following balloon valvuloplasty for congenital aortic stenosisShiraz A Maskatia
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Pediatric Cardiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, Texas, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 81:90-5. 2013..Evaluate the incidence of various morphologic types of congenital AS, and the association between valve morphology and long-term outcomes, including repeat BAV, AVR, and death/transplant...
- Pulmonary reperfusion injury after the unifocalization procedure for tetralogy of Fallot, pulmonary atresia, and major aortopulmonary collateral arteriesShiraz A Maskatia
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Texas Children s Hospital, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 144:184-9. 2012....
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: infants, children, and adolescentsShiraz A Maskatia
Lillie Frank Abercrombie Section of Pediatric Cardiology, Texas Children s Hospital, 6621 Fannin Street, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Congenit Heart Dis 7:84-92. 2012..There is a wide clinical variability in HCM presenting during childhood and a relative lack of data on the pediatric population. This review will cover HCM presenting in infancy, childhood, and adolescence...
- Twenty-five year experience with balloon aortic valvuloplasty for congenital aortic stenosisShiraz A Maskatia
Section of Pediatric Cardiology, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, USA
Am J Cardiol 108:1024-8. 2011..05). In conclusion, BAV confers long-term benefits to most patients with congenital AS. Neonates, patients with post-BAV gradients ≥25 mm Hg, and patients with lower baseline LVSF experienced worse outcomes...
- Restrictive physiology is associated with poor outcomes in children with hypertrophic cardiomyopathyShiraz A Maskatia
Lillie Frank Abercrombie Section of Pediatric Cardiology, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, TX, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 33:141-9. 2012..7-fold increase in hazard of death or HT (P = 0.04). Assessment for RP is of paramount importance in children with HCM because those without RP have a good prognosis, and those with RP account for the majority of poor outcomes...
- Effect of branch pulmonary artery stenosis on right ventricular volume overload in patients with tetralogy of fallot after initial surgical repairShiraz A Maskatia
Section of Pediatric Cardiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, Texas Electronic address
Am J Cardiol 111:1355-60. 2013..Branch pulmonary artery stenosis might effectively delay the referral for pulmonary valve replacement...