Affiliation: Baylor College of Medicine
- Niemann N, Jankovic J. Botulinum Toxin for the Treatment of Hand Tremor. Toxins (Basel). 2018;10: pubmed publisher..002). Of 1095 limb injections, there were 134 (12.2%) non-disabling and transient (mean 36 days) adverse events (132 limb weakness, 2 pain). OnaBoNT-A injections are safe and effective in the treatment of hand tremor. ..
- Jankovic J. Atomoxetine for freezing of gait in Parkinson disease. J Neurol Sci. 2009;284:177-8 pubmed publisher..Further studies in a larger population of patients with FoG are needed to determine whether atomoxetine is a useful drug in the treatment of this, often disabling, feature of PD. ..
- Wijemanne S, Jankovic J. Restless legs syndrome: clinical presentation diagnosis and treatment. Sleep Med. 2015;16:678-90 pubmed publisher..In more severe cases, a combination therapy may be required. Intravenous iron therapy may be considered on those patients with refractory RLS. ..
- Waln O, Wu Y, Perlman R, Wendt J, Van A, Jankovic J. Dopamine transporter imaging in essential tremor with and without parkinsonian features. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2015;122:1515-21 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, minimal dopaminergic deficit (as compared to controls) is detected in some ET patients with semi-quantitative image analysis, although the pattern may be different from that of PD. ..
- Jankovic J, Adler C, Charles P, Comella C, Stacy M, Schwartz M, et al. Rationale and design of a prospective study: Cervical Dystonia Patient Registry for Observation of OnaBotulinumtoxinA Efficacy (CD PROBE). BMC Neurol. 2011;11:140 pubmed publisher..CD PROBE, the largest clinical registry of CD treatment, will provide useful data on current treatment practices with onabotulinumtoxinA, potentially leading to refinements for optimization of outcomes. NCT00836017. ..
- Thenganatt M, Jankovic J. The relationship between essential tremor and Parkinson's disease. Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2016;22 Suppl 1:S162-5 pubmed publisher..In this review we will discuss the latest data supporting a relationship between ET and PD and the implications for possible pathogenic link and treatment. ..
- Vijayakumar D, Wijemanne S, Jankovic J. Treatment of blepharospasm with apraclonidine. J Neurol Sci. 2017;372:57-59 pubmed publisher..3 post-administration of apraclonidine (p<0.025). No adverse effects were noted. Apraclonidine is a potentially useful medication for short term management of blepharospasm symptoms while awaiting botulinum toxin injection. ..
- Baizabal Carvallo J, Jankovic J. Movement disorders induced by deep brain stimulation. Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2016;25:1-9 pubmed publisher..In this review we aim to describe the clinical features, frequency, pathophysiology, and strategies for treatment of these iatrogenic movement disorders. ..
- Jankovic J, Adler C, Charles D, Comella C, Stacy M, Schwartz M, et al. Primary results from the cervical dystonia patient registry for observation of onabotulinumtoxina efficacy (CD PROBE). J Neurol Sci. 2015;349:84-93 pubmed publisher..2% of subjects reported adverse events, including muscular weakness (7.0%) and dysphagia (6.4%). Results indicate robust improvement in clinical ratings and excellent tolerability following onabotulinumtoxinA treatment of CD. ..
- Thenganatt M, Jankovic J. Psychogenic (functional) parkinsonism. Handb Clin Neurol. 2016;139:259-262 pubmed publisher..Being cognizant of the clinical signs of psychogenic movement disorders, including PP, will lead to earlier diagnosis and hopefully improved outcomes. ..
- Niemann N, Jankovic J. Treatment of Tardive Dyskinesia: A General Overview with Focus on the Vesicular Monoamine Transporter 2 Inhibitors. Drugs. 2018;78:525-541 pubmed publisher..Treatment of TD and other drug-induced movement disorders must be individualized and based on the severity, phenomenology, potential side effects, and other factors discussed in this review. ..
- Wijemanne S, Vijayakumar D, Jankovic J. Apraclonidine in the treatment of ptosis. J Neurol Sci. 2017;376:129-132 pubmed publisher..There was also improvement in ptosis in a patient with Horner's syndrome. Apraclonidine is not only useful as a diagnostic test in Horner's syndrome, but may be an effective and safe treatment for BoNT-induced ptosis. ..
- Tarakad A, Jankovic J. Anosmia and Ageusia in Parkinson's Disease. Int Rev Neurobiol. 2017;133:541-556 pubmed publisher..Hyposmia is more often present and typically more severe in PD patients than other parkinsonian syndromes, making it a potentially useful biomarker for the disease. ..
- Jankovic J, Kenney C, Grafe S, Goertelmeyer R, Comes G. Relationship between various clinical outcome assessments in patients with blepharospasm. Mov Disord. 2009;24:407-13 pubmed publisher..Both, JRS and BSDI, can be used to reliably assess blepharospasm in treatment trials...
- ..This review focuses on evidence-based medical treatment of dystonia, highlighting recent advances, with emphasis on individualized approach. © 2013 Movement Disorder Society. ..
- Jankovic J, Comella C, Hanschmann A, Grafe S. Efficacy and safety of incobotulinumtoxinA (NT 201, Xeomin) in the treatment of blepharospasm-a randomized trial. Mov Disord. 2011;26:1521-8 pubmed publisher..2% of placebo patients. In conclusion, incobotulinumtoxinA was well tolerated and was associated with statistically significant and clinically relevant reductions in blepharospasm severity and functional impairment...
- Jankovic J, Kurlan R. Tourette syndrome: evolving concepts. Mov Disord. 2011;26:1149-56 pubmed publisher..Habit reversal therapy and other behavioral approaches may be a reasonable option for some cases. Improved understanding of Tourette syndrome should lead to better symptomatic and more effective pathogenesis-targeted therapies...