G M Monawar Hosain
Affiliation: Baylor College of Medicine
- Impact of disability on quality of life of rural disabled people in BangladeshG M Monawar Hosain
Community Health Research and Training Unit, University of Western Australia, 324 Striling Highway, Claremont, WA 6010
J Health Popul Nutr 20:297-305. 2002..Collaborative communication between professionals and parents, behavioural counselling, formation of a self-help group, and comprehensive support to families will reduce their suffering...
- Health needs and health status of the elderly in rural BangladeshG M Monawar Hosain
Research and Evaluation Unit, Gonoshasthaya Kendra, Savar, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Asia Pac J Public Health 15:3-9. 2003....
- Beliefs, sexual behaviours and preventive practices with respect to HIV/AIDS among commercial sex workers in Daulatdia, BangladeshG M M Hosain
Gono University, Savar, Dhaka 1344, Bangladesh
Public Health 119:371-81. 2005..Formulation of relevant and effective prevention programmes for HIV/AIDS requires better understanding of the knowledge, attitudes, behaviours and practices in the high-risk groups...
- Prevalence, pattern and determinants of mental disorders in rural BangladeshG M Monawar Hosain
Gono University, Savar, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Public Health 121:18-24. 2007..Very few studies have examined mental health morbidity in Bangladesh. This community-based study of rural Bangladesh in 2000-2001 estimated the burden of mental morbidity among rural people of working age...
- Impact of sanitation and health education on intestinal parasite infection among primary school aged children of Sherpur, BangladeshG M Monawar Hosain
Department of Community Medicine, Community Based Medical College, Gono University, Mirzanagar, Savar, Dhaka 1344, Bangladesh
Trop Doct 33:139-43. 2003..Concerted primary healthcare activities with community development efforts should be undertaken to improve the overall living condition of the people of this area to control this problem...
- Perceptions of risk and behaviour change for prevention of HIV among married women in Mumbai, IndiaNilesh Chatterjee
Kalyani Media Group, Mumbai, India
J Health Popul Nutr 24:81-8. 2006..Since marriage and motherhood are important in the Indian cultural context, male spouses should be included in risk-reduction programmes...