P A Hollander
Affiliation: Baylor University Medical Center
- Endocannabinoid blockade for improving glycemic control and lipids in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitusPriscilla Hollander
Ruth Collins Diabetes Center, Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75246, USA
Am J Med 120:S18-28; discussion S29-32. 2007..Its multifactorial mechanisms warrant further investigation and may provide insights into other pathologies...
- Importance of early insulin secretion: comparison of nateglinide and glyburide in previously diet-treated patients with type 2 diabetesP A Hollander
Ruth Collins Diabetes Center, Baylor University Medical Center, 3600 Gaston Avenue, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
Diabetes Care 24:983-8. 2001..This study compared the effects of nateglinide, glyburide, and placebo on postmeal glucose excursions and insulin secretion in previously diet-treated patients with type 2 diabetes...
- Current trends in treating type 2 diabetesP A Hollander
Ruth Collins Diabetes Center, Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
Postgrad Med 107:4-10. 2000....
- Orlistat in the treatment of obesityPriscilla Hollander
Baylor Hospital, Wadley Tower, Suite 656, 3600 Gaston Avenue, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
Prim Care 30:427-40. 2003..Orlistat offers an attractive treatment option for obese patients who do and do not have diabetes and as a combination drug for treatment of obese patients who have type 2 diabetes...
- Effect of orlistat in overweight and obese patients with type 2 diabetes treated with metforminJohn M Miles
Lipid and Diabetes Research Center, St Lukes Hospital, Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Diabetes Care 25:1123-8. 2002..The purpose of this study was to assess the effect of orlistat, a gastrointestinal lipase inhibitor, on body weight, glycemic control, and cardiovascular risk factors in metformin-treated type 2 diabetic patients...
- Clinical efficacy of orlistat therapy in overweight and obese patients with insulin-treated type 2 diabetes: A 1-year randomized controlled trialDavid E Kelley
Montifiore Hospital, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Diabetes Care 25:1033-41. 2002..The aim of this study was to assess the effect of orlistat, a gastrointestinal lipase inhibitor, on weight loss, glycemic control, and cardiovascular risk factors in overweight or obese insulin-treated type 2 diabetic patients...
- A 6-month randomized, placebo-controlled, dose-ranging trial of topiramate for weight loss in obesityGeorge A Bray
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana Baylor Hospital, Dallas, Texas, USA
Obes Res 11:722-33. 2003..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of topiramate (TPM) for weight loss in healthy obese subjects...
- Neuropeptide Y5 receptor antagonism does not induce clinically meaningful weight loss in overweight and obese adultsNgozi Erondu
Merck and Co, Inc, 126 E Lincoln Avenue, Rahway, New Jersey 07065
Cell Metab 4:275-82. 2006..These observations provide the first clinical insight into the human NPY-energy homeostatic pathway and suggest that solely targeting the NPY5R in future drug development programs is unlikely to produce therapeutic efficacy...
- Efficacy and tolerability of rimonabant in overweight or obese patients with type 2 diabetes: a randomised controlled studyAndre J Scheen
Division of Diabetes, Nutrition and Metabolic Disorders, CHU Sart Tilman, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Lancet 368:1660-72. 2006..The aim of the RIO-Diabetes trial was to assess the efficacy and safety of rimonabant in overweight or obese patients with type 2 diabetes that was inadequately controlled by metformin or sulphonylureas...
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter study to assess the efficacy and safety of topiramate controlled release in the treatment of obese type 2 diabetic patientsJulio Rosenstock
Dallas Diabetes and Endocrine Center, Dallas, Texas 75230, USA
Diabetes Care 30:1480-6. 2007....
- Effect of pramlintide on weight in overweight and obese insulin-treated type 2 diabetes patientsPriscilla Hollander
Baylor College of Medicine, Dallas, Texas, USA
Obes Res 12:661-8. 2004..This analysis further characterizes the weight-lowering effect of pramlintide in this patient population...