E C Holland
Affiliation: Baylor College of Medicine
- Combined activation of Ras and Akt in neural progenitors induces glioblastoma formation in miceE C Holland
Department of Neurosurgery, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Nat Genet 25:55-7. 2000..11), and we show here that Akt activity is increased in most of these tumours, implying that combined activation of these two pathways accurately models the biology of this disease...
- Modeling mutations in the G1 arrest pathway in human gliomas: overexpression of CDK4 but not loss of INK4a-ARF induces hyperploidy in cultured mouse astrocytesE C Holland
Division of Basic Sciences, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, 20892 USA
Genes Dev 12:3644-9. 1998....
- A constitutively active epidermal growth factor receptor cooperates with disruption of G1 cell-cycle arrest pathways to induce glioma-like lesions in miceE C Holland
Division of Basic Sciences, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Genes Dev 12:3675-85. 1998..The gliomagenic combinations of genetic lesions required in mice are similar to those found in human gliomas...
- A mouse model for glioma: biology, pathology, and therapeutic opportunitiesE C Holland
M D Anderson Cancer Center, Department of Neurosurgery, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Toxicol Pathol 28:171-7. 2000..These genetically defined animal models for gliomas will allow for the testing of therapies that are targeted specifically at the gene products involved in the pathogenesis of gliomas...
- Astrocytes give rise to oligodendrogliomas and astrocytomas after gene transfer of polyoma virus middle T antigen in vivoE C Holland
Department of Neurosurgery, Graduate Program in Genes and Development, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Am J Pathol 157:1031-7. 2000..We conclude that GFAP- expressing astrocytes, with appropriate signaling abnormalities, can serve as the cell of origin for oligodendrogliomas, astrocytomas, or mixed gliomas...
- PDGF autocrine stimulation dedifferentiates cultured astrocytes and induces oligodendrogliomas and oligoastrocytomas from neural progenitors and astrocytes in vivoC Dai
Department of Neurosurgery, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Genes Dev 15:1913-25. 2001..Loss of Ink4a-Arf is not required for PDGF-induced glioma formation but promotes tumor progression toward a more malignant phenotype...
- Animal models of cell cycle dysregulation and the pathogenesis of gliomasE C Holland
Department of Neurosurgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Neurooncol 51:265-76. 2001..The results of these mouse model experiments imply a potentially complex role for cell cycle arrest disruption in human gliomagenesis...
- Basic fibroblast growth factor induces cell migration and proliferation after glia-specific gene transfer in miceE C Holland
Division of Basic Sciences, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:1218-23. 1998..With this system, we have demonstrated that bFGF induces proliferation and migration of glial cells in vivo, without the induction of tumors...
- Surgical resection of intrinsic insular tumors: complication avoidanceF F Lang
Department of Neurosurgery, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, USA
J Neurosurg 95:638-50. 2001....
- In vivo multiple-mouse imaging at 1.5 TS Xu
Department of Medical Physics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Magn Reson Med 49:551-7. 2003..The multiple mouse coil is simple in construction and may be implemented without any significant modification to the hardware or software on a clinical scanner...
- Modeling gliomagenesis with somatic cell gene transfer using retroviral vectorsL Uhrbom
Department of Cell Biology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Neurooncol 53:297-305. 2001..The current models provide tumors, which are genetically and histologically similar to their human counterparts, making them attractive to use in drug discovery for treatment of gliomas...
- Glioma modelsC Dai
Departments of Cell Biology, Neurology, and Neurosurgery, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1551:M19-27. 2001....
- c-Myc and beta-catenin cooperate with loss of p53 to generate multiple members of the primitive neuroectodermal tumor family in miceH Momota
Department of Cancer Biology and Genetics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Oncogene 27:4392-401. 2008..These data provide insights into the biology and classification of human PNETs and suggest that multiple tumor types or variants can be generated from a fixed set of genetic abnormalities...
- Loss of Arf causes tumor progression of PDGFB-induced oligodendrogliomaE Tchougounova
Rudbeck Laboratory, Department of Genetics and Pathology, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Oncogene 26:6289-96. 2007....
- Major and minor forms of the rat liver asialoglycoprotein receptor are independent galactose-binding proteins. Primary structure and glycosylation heterogeneity of minor receptor formsD F Halberg
J Biol Chem 262:9828-38. 1987..The results of these experiments indicate that RHL-1 and RHL-2/3 polypeptides are self-associated into two distinct molecules, each of which has galactose-binding activity...