Affiliation: Baylor College of Medicine
- Textiloma (gossypiboma) mimicking recurrent intracranial tumorTeresa Ribalta
Department of Pathology, Hospital Clinic, , Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Arch Pathol Lab Med 128:749-58. 2004..When considering a mass lesion arising after intracranial surgery, the differential diagnosis should include textiloma along with recurrent tumor and radiation necrosis...
- Diagnostic pitfalls in fine needle aspiration cytology of atypical apocrine metaplasia in a breast lesion. A case reportDeepali Gupta
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Texas Houston Medical School, Department of Pathology, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Acta Cytol 46:749-52. 2002..Atypical apocrine metaplastic cells with signet ring features can also occur, and their presence may present a diagnostic dilemma in the differentiation of benign versus malignant lesions...
- Malignant melanoma involving the ovary: a clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical study of 23 casesDeepali Gupta
Department of Pathology, University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 28:771-80. 2004..S-100 is the most sensitive marker. MART-1 was positive in the few cases that were negative with HMB-45. Inhibin can be focally positive in some cases...
- Comparison of fluorescence and chromogenic in situ hybridization for detection of HER-2/neu oncogene in breast cancerDeepali Gupta
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Medical School, Houston, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 119:381-7. 2003..If a probe for chromosome 17 (now available for CISH) is used in cases of questionable HER-2/neu amplification, CISH seems to be as accurate and more practical than FISH...
- E-cadherin immunohistochemical analysis of histiocytoid carcinoma of the breastDeepali Gupta
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, The University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 6:141-7. 2002..Moreover, the lack of consistent morphologic features, a specific clinical profile, and a distinct immunohistochemical pattern lead us to hypothesize that histiocytoid carcinoma is not a special type of breast cancer...
- Metastatic melanoma to the vagina: clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical study of three cases and literature reviewDeepali Gupta
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Texas-Houston Health Science Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Int J Gynecol Pathol 22:136-40. 2003..One patient underwent wide local excision of tumor followed by chemotherapy, one patient had intracavitary radiotherapy, and one had palliative radiotherapy to the brain only. The patients died after a follow-up of 3, 14, and 48 months...