Affiliation: Baylor College of Medicine
- Late cardiotoxicity after bolus versus infusion anthracycline therapy for childhood cancersMonesha Gupta
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Cardiology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
Med Pediatr Oncol 40:343-7. 2003..To compare the long-term myocardial function of patients who had been treated with infusion anthracycline therapy (administered continuously over >24 hr, IG) versus bolus therapy (administered over <30 min, BG)...
- Mortality after total cavopulmonary connection in children with the down syndromeMonesha Gupta-Malhotra
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Children s Memorial Hermann Hospital, University of Texas, Houston, Texas, USA
Am J Cardiol 105:865-8. 2010..5 (95% confidence interval 0.63 to 10). In conclusion, Down syndrome was found to be an independent parameter associated with a significantly higher risk for mortality in the early postoperative period after Fontan surgery...
- Atherosclerosis in survivors of Kawasaki diseaseMonesha Gupta-Malhotra
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, Komansky Center for Children s Health, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY, USA
J Pediatr 155:572-7. 2009..To test the hypothesis that long-term survivors of low-risk Kawasaki disease (KD) have ongoing vascular inflammation and dysfunction and a higher risk of accelerated atherosclerosis than healthy control subjects...
- Prevalence of undiagnosed congenital cardiac defects in older childrenMonesha Gupta-Malhotra
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Children s Memorial Hermann Hospital, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cardiol Young 18:392-6. 2008..Certain congenital cardiac defects may go undetected for several years due to lack of symptoms and signs. Our purpose was to determine the prevalence of such defects among children greater than one year of age...
- Current perspectives on Kawasaki diseaseMonesha Gupta-Malhotra
University of Texas Houston Medical School and Memorial Hermann Children s Hospital, Houston, Texas, USA
Indian J Pediatr 72:621-9. 2005..Late outcomes after 4 decades of treating these patients have recently been published. There has been some concern about increased risk for premature atherosclerosis in patients with childhood KD who had coronary artery abnormalities...
- Antibodies to highly conserved peptide sequence of staphylococcal and streptococcal superantigens in Kawasaki diseaseMonesha Gupta-Malhotra
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Exp Mol Pathol 76:117-21. 2004..0001). Thus, KD patients do not have a defective serological response against toxins such as SPE/SE/TSST-1. Normal children have significantly lower antitoxin antibody levels to the toxins compared to the adults...
- Decreased levels of cystatin C, an inhibitor of the elastolytic enzyme cysteine protease, in acute and subacute phases of kawasaki diseaseMonesha Gupta-Malhotra
Laboratory of Clinical Immunology and Microbiology, Rockefeller University, and Division of Pediatric Cardiology, New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY, USA
Cardiology 99:121-5. 2003..Compared to control children and adults, children with Kawasaki disease had significantly lower serum levels of cystatin C in the acute stage before immunoglobulin therapy and in the subacute phase after the immunoglobulin therapy...
- Early pleural effusions related to the myocardial injury after open-heart surgery for congenital heart diseaseMonesha Gupta-Malhotra
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, The New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Medical College of Cornell University and College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York, USA
Congenit Heart Dis 5:256-61. 2010....
- Left ventricular hypertrophy in hypertensive adolescents: analysis of risk by 2004 National High Blood Pressure Education Program Working Group staging criteriaKaren L McNiece
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Nephrology and Hypertension, School of Medicine, University of Texas, Houston, TX 77057, USA
Hypertension 50:392-5. 2007....
- Approach to diagnosing congenital cardiac disordersGeorgios A Hartas
Division of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Health Science Center, Children s Memorial Hermann Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Crit Care Nurs Clin North Am 21:27-36, v. 2009..quot; Most of the congenital heart malformations are detected in the perinatal period and this article gives the reader a general picture of the diagnostic approach to a multitude of heart defects...
- An obstructive bicuspid aortic valve in the setting of tetralogy of Fallot with pulmonary atresia: a rare combinationCengiz Ermis
Division of Cardiology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Cardiol Young 14:99-101. 2004..7% of those with tetralogy of Fallot and pulmonary stenosis, but in 6.6% of those with pulmonary atresia and intact ventricular septum...
- Prenatal diagnosis of a mixed type of total anomalous pulmonary venous returnClint M Cormier
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center, Memorial Hermann Hospital, Houston, USA
Fetal Diagn Ther 27:118-20. 2010....