Affiliation: Baylor University Medical Center
- Approach to the Patient With a Negative Anion GapMichael Emmett
Nephrology Division, Department of Internal Medicine, Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, TX Electronic address
Am J Kidney Dis 67:143-50. 2016..The discussion systematically reviews the possibilities and provides the explanation for this unusual laboratory result. ..
- What does serum fibroblast growth factor 23 do in hemodialysis patients?M Emmett
Department of Internal Medicine, Baylor University Medical Center, 3500 Gaston Avenue, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
Kidney Int 73:3-5. 2008..FGF-23 levels increase markedly in dialysis patients. Why do the FGF-23 levels increase in these patients, and do they have any physiologic or pathophysiologic effects?..
- Conjugated bile acid replacement therapy reduces urinary oxalate excretion in short bowel syndromeMichael Emmett
Department of Internal Medicine, Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 41:230-7. 2003..The authors hypothesized that oral ingestion of conjugated bile acids would increase fat absorption and thereby decrease calcium fatty acid soap formation and oxalate hyperabsorption...
- Anion-gap interpretation: the old and the newMichael Emmett
Baylor University Medical Center, 3500 Gaston Avenue, Dallas, TX 7524, USA
Nat Clin Pract Nephrol 2:4-5. 2006
- Accurate enzymatic measurement of fecal bile acids in patients with malabsorptionJack L Porter
Department of Medicine, Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75246, USA
J Lab Clin Med 141:411-8. 2003..95), both in normal subjects and in patients with malabsorption syndromes...
- Factitious diarrhea induced by stimulant laxatives: accuracy of diagnosis by a clinical reference laboratory using thin layer chromatographyJoseph H Shelton
Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Clin Chem 53:85-90. 2007..Such testing is considered highly reliable, but its accuracy in clinical practice is unknown. Our aim was to evaluate the reliability of TLC laxative testing by a clinical reference laboratory in the United States...
- Clinical acid-base disorders: traditional versus "new" analytical modelsMichael Emmett
Kidney Int 65:1112; author reply 1112-3. 2004
- Increased anion gap metabolic acidosis as a result of 5-oxoproline (pyroglutamic acid): a role for acetaminophenAndrew Z Fenves
Department of Internal Medicine, Baylor University Medical Center, 3500 Gaston, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 1:441-7. 2006..This undoubtedly is an underdiagnosed condition because measurements of serum and/or urinary 5-oxoproline levels are not readily available...
- GOLD MARK: an anion gap mnemonic for the 21st centuryAnkit N Mehta
Lancet 372:892. 2008
- Pathogenesis of nephrocalcinosis after sodium phosphate catharsis to prepare for colonoscopy: Intestinal phosphate absorption and its effect on urine mineral and electrolyte excretionViralKumar Patel
Hum Pathol 38:193-4; author reply 194-5. 2007