Affiliation: Baylor College of Medicine
- Functional annotation of the human brain methylome identifies tissue-specific epigenetic variation across brain and bloodMatthew N Davies
Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, De Crespigny Park, London, UK
Genome Biol 13:R43. 2012..We characterized intra- and inter-individual methylomic variation across whole blood and multiple regions of the brain from multiple donors...
- Song exposure regulates known and novel microRNAs in the zebra finch auditory forebrainPreethi H Gunaratne
Department of Biology and Biochemistry, University of Houston, Houston, Texas 77204, USA
BMC Genomics 12:277. 2011..To test this, we used massively parallel Illumina sequencing to analyse small RNAs from auditory forebrain of adult zebra finches exposed to tape-recorded birdsong or silence...
- Pash 3.0: A versatile software package for read mapping and integrative analysis of genomic and epigenomic variation using massively parallel DNA sequencingCristian Coarfa
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza Houston, TX 77030, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 11:572. 2010..Pash 3.0 performs sequence comparison and read mapping and can be employed as a module within diverse configurable analysis pipelines, including ChIP-Seq and methylome mapping by whole-genome bisulfite sequencing...
- Atlas2 Cloud: a framework for personal genome analysis in the cloudUday S Evani
The Human Genome Sequencing Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
BMC Genomics 13:S19. 2012..To this end, the cloud computing and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) technologies can help address these issues...
- The Genboree Microbiome Toolset and the analysis of 16S rRNA microbial sequencesKevin Riehle
Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 13:S11. 2012..Installation, integration, and maintenance of the tools poses significant burden on many researchers and creates a barrier to adoption of microbiome analysis, particularly in translational settings...
- An integrative variant analysis suite for whole exome next-generation sequencing dataDanny Challis
The Human Genome Sequencing Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 13:8. 2012..Although the exome capture sequencing methods have become routine and well established, there is currently a lack of tools specialized for variant calling in this type of data...