Pearl H Chiu
Affiliation: Baylor College of Medicine
- Neural evidence for enhanced error detection in major depressive disorderPearl H Chiu
Computational Psychiatry Unit, Department of Neuroscience, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Psychiatry 164:608-16. 2007..The authors examined the neural activation associated with error processing in individuals diagnosed with and without major depression and the sensitivity of these processes to modulation by monetary task contingencies...
- Dissociable recruitment of rostral anterior cingulate and inferior frontal cortex in emotional response inhibitionPearl H Chiu
Department of Psychology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Neuroimage 42:988-97. 2008....
- Self responses along cingulate cortex reveal quantitative neural phenotype for high-functioning autismPearl H Chiu
Computational Psychiatry Unit, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Neuron 57:463-73. 2008..This diminishment covaries parametrically with their behaviorally assessed symptom severity, suggesting its value as an objective endophenotype. These findings may provide a quantitative assessment tool for high-functioning ASD...
- Smokers' brains compute, but ignore, a fictive error signal in a sequential investment taskPearl H Chiu
Computational Psychiatry Unit, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Nat Neurosci 11:514-20. 2008..These data provide human neuroimaging support for computational models of addiction and suggest the addition of fictive learning signals to reinforcement learning accounts of drug dependence...
- Neurobehavioral metrics for the assessment and treatment of depressionPearl H Chiu; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Neuroimaging Major Depression and Nicotine Dependence on Axes of ValuationPearl H Chiu; Fiscal Year: 2010..The human and fiscal cost of nicotine dependence and major depression motivates the attempt to identify quantitative neurobehavioral measures that may be used to understand the pathophysiology of the conditions. ..