John P Breinholt
Affiliation: Baylor College of Medicine
- The efficacy of mitral valve surgery in children with dilated cardiomyopathy and severe mitral regurgitationJohn P Breinholt
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children s Hospital, 6621 Fannin Street, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 29:13-8. 2008..Mitral valve surgery should be considered prior to heart transplant in children with dilated cardiomyopathy and severe mitral regurgitation...
- Viral endomyocardial infection is an independent predictor and potentially treatable risk factor for graft loss and coronary vasculopathy in pediatric cardiac transplant recipientsMousumi Moulik
Department of Pediatrics Cardiology, University of Texas Health Sciences Center, Houston, TX, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 56:582-92. 2010..This study sought to evaluate the outcome and prevalence of viral endomyocardial infection after cardiac transplantation...
- Myocardial pro-inflammatory cytokine expression and cellular rejection in pediatric heart transplant recipientsJohn P Breinholt
Department of Pediatrics Cardiology, Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, Texas, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 27:317-24. 2008..We hypothesized that pro-inflammatory cytokine expression would increase in biopsy samples that manifest cellular rejection and that this would correlate with the development and progression of transplant cellular rejection...
- Effect of body mass index on outcome in pediatric heart transplant patientsJoseph W Rossano
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 26:718-23. 2007..Obesity and cachexia are risk factors for adverse outcomes in adult transplant patients. However, little is known about the effects of body mass index (BMI) on outcomes in pediatric heart transplant patients...
- Danon disease as an underrecognized cause of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in childrenZhao Yang
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Circulation 112:1612-7. 2005..In this study we investigated the frequency of LAMP2 mutations in an unselected pediatric HCM population...
- Arterial pulse wave analysis: An accurate means of determining cardiac output in childrenJeffrey J Kim
Section of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, TX, USA
Pediatr Crit Care Med 7:532-5. 2006..This technique has not been validated in children. The purpose of this study was to validate PulseCO as an accurate means of noninvasively determining real-time cardiac output in children...