Julie A Boom
Affiliation: Baylor College of Medicine
- Symptomatic infection and detection of vaccine and vaccine-reassortant rotavirus strains in 5 children: a case seriesJulie A Boom
Center for Vaccine Awareness and Research, Texas Children s Hospital, TX, USA
J Infect Dis 206:1275-9. 2012..Continued monitoring is necessary to assess the role of vaccine strains and vaccine-reassortant strains in pediatric rotavirus infections...
- Immunization information system opt-in consent: at what cost?Julie A Boom
Immunization Project, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 16:E18-25. 2010..Changing to an opt-out system could redirect limited healthcare funding to more critical areas such as vaccine purchasing and administration...
- The success of an immunization information system in the wake of Hurricane KatrinaJulie A Boom
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, 6621 Fannin St, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Pediatrics 119:1213-7. 2007....
- Utilizing peer academic detailing to improve childhood immunization coverage levelsJulie A Boom
Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas, USA
Health Promot Pract 11:377-86. 2010..Future interventions need to provide initial feedback regarding practice immunization coverage levels prior to the educational interventions and include multiple encounters...
- Effectiveness of pentavalent rotavirus vaccine in a large urban population in the United StatesJulie A Boom
Baylor College of Medicine, Center for Vaccine Awareness and Research, Texas Children s Hospital, 6701 Fannin St, CC1540, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Pediatrics 125:e199-207. 2010..The goal was to assess the effectiveness of complete (3-dose) or partial (1- or 2-dose) immunization with pentavalent rotavirus vaccine (RV5) against rotavirus acute gastroenteritis (AGE) in US clinical practice...
- Sustained protection from pentavalent rotavirus vaccination during the second year of life at a large, urban United States pediatric hospitalJulie A Boom
Center for Vaccine Awareness and Research, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 29:1133-5. 2010..Overall 3-dose effectiveness was 83% to 86%; it was 92% to 93% among children 6 to 11 months of age and 78% to 84% among children ≥12 months of age...
- Use of an immunization information system to assess the effectiveness of pentavalent rotavirus vaccine in US childrenLeila C Sahni
Center for Vaccine Awareness and Research, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, TX, USA
Vaccine 28:6314-7. 2010..Controls identified through the IIS provided VE estimates similar to hospital control patients. IISs could represent a valuable source of data for effectiveness evaluations...
- Variation in rotavirus vaccine coverage by provider location and subsequent disease burdenLeila C Sahni
Immunization Project, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, Texas
Pediatrics 135:e432-9. 2015..We examined variation in vaccine coverage among provider locations and correlated coverage with the detection of rotavirus in children who sought treatment of severe acute gastroenteritis (AGE)...
- Improvement in provider immunization knowledge and behaviors following a peer education interventionJulie A Boom
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 46:706-17. 2007..40, P < .05), small practices (0.64, P < .01), Vaccines for Children (VFC) practices (0.74, P < .05), and non-VFC provider practices (0.67, P < .01) but not for family or large practices...
- Investigation of obstacles to accessing information regarding private medical insurance coverage and physician reimbursement for adolescent vaccinationJulie A Boom
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Adolesc Health 44:298-301. 2009..To investigate accessing insurance company vaccine reimbursement and coverage information...
- Telling stories of vaccine-preventable diseases: why it worksRachel M Cunningham
Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, USA
S D Med . 2013..We have found that the stories included in our booklet capture all the benefits of storytelling. Given the many benefits of storytelling, providers should strive to include stories along with medical facts in their daily practice...