Erich J Baker
Affiliation: Baylor University
- Detection of leukocoria using a soft fusion of expert classifiers under non-clinical settingsPablo Rivas-Perea
Department of Computer Science, Baylor University, One Bear Place 97356, Waco, TX 76798 7356, USA
BMC Ophthalmol 14:110. 2014..To date, there exists a paucity of methods to automate leukocoria detection within such a dataset...
- On finding bicliques in bipartite graphs: a novel algorithm and its application to the integration of diverse biological data typesYun Zhang
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 15:110. 2014..An iterative selection of vertices for consideration based on non-decreasing common neighborhood sizes boosts efficiency and leads to more balanced recursion trees...
- Biological databases for behavioral neurobiologyErich J Baker
Department of Computer Science, Baylor University, Waco, Texas, USA
Int Rev Neurobiol 103:19-38. 2012..The focus is on the classes of databases, data curation, and advanced applications in bioinformatics using examples largely drawn from research efforts in behavioral neuroscience...
- GeneKeyDB: a lightweight, gene-centric, relational database to support data mining environmentsS A Kirov
Graduate School for Genome Science and Technology, Oak Ridge National Laboratory University of Tennessee, Oak Ridge, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 6:72. 2005..We have recognized the growing need for a database which can be used successfully as a backend to computational analysis tools and pipelines. Such database should be sufficiently versatile to allow easy system integration...
- MuTrack: a genome analysis system for large-scale mutagenesis in the mouseErich J Baker
Department of Computer Science, Baylor University, Waco, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 5:11. 2004....
- NFU-Enabled FASTA: moving bioinformatics applications onto wide area networksErich J Baker
Department of Computer Science, School of Engineering and Computer Science, Baylor University, Waco, TX, USA
Source Code Biol Med 2:8. 2007..Here, we demonstrate software that enables this approach by distributing both the FASTA algorithm and appropriate data sets within the framework of a wide area network...
- Reuniting families: an online database to aid in the identification of undocumented immigrant remainsLori E Baker
Department of Anthropology, Forensic Science and Archaeology, Baylor University, Waco, TX 76798, USA
J Forensic Sci 53:50-3. 2008..The result is a prototype knowledge base that may serve as a model for future efforts in international forensic science collaborations...
- Ontological Discovery Environment: a system for integrating gene-phenotype associationsErich J Baker
Department of Computer Science, Baylor University, Waco, TX, USA
Genomics 94:377-87. 2009..This approach allows data integration and hypothesis discovery across multiple experimental contexts, regardless of the face similarity and semantic annotation of the experimental systems or species domain...