Erich J Baker
Affiliation: Baylor University
- Biological databases for behavioral neurobiologyErich J Baker
Department of Computer Science, Baylor University, Waco, Texas, USA
Int Rev Neurobiol 103:19-38. 2012..The focus is on the classes of databases, data curation, and advanced applications in bioinformatics using examples largely drawn from research efforts in behavioral neuroscience...
- GeneKeyDB: a lightweight, gene-centric, relational database to support data mining environmentsS A Kirov
Graduate School for Genome Science and Technology, Oak Ridge National Laboratory University of Tennessee, Oak Ridge, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 6:72. 2005..We have recognized the growing need for a database which can be used successfully as a backend to computational analysis tools and pipelines. Such database should be sufficiently versatile to allow easy system integration...
- MuTrack: a genome analysis system for large-scale mutagenesis in the mouseErich J Baker
Department of Computer Science, Baylor University, Waco, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 5:11. 2004....
- NFU-Enabled FASTA: moving bioinformatics applications onto wide area networksErich J Baker
Department of Computer Science, School of Engineering and Computer Science, Baylor University, Waco, TX, USA
Source Code Biol Med 2:8. 2007..Here, we demonstrate software that enables this approach by distributing both the FASTA algorithm and appropriate data sets within the framework of a wide area network...
- Reuniting families: an online database to aid in the identification of undocumented immigrant remainsLori E Baker
Department of Anthropology, Forensic Science and Archaeology, Baylor University, Waco, TX 76798, USA
J Forensic Sci 53:50-3. 2008..The result is a prototype knowledge base that may serve as a model for future efforts in international forensic science collaborations...
- Ontological Discovery Environment: a system for integrating gene-phenotype associationsErich J Baker
Department of Computer Science, Baylor University, Waco, TX, USA
Genomics 94:377-87. 2009..This approach allows data integration and hypothesis discovery across multiple experimental contexts, regardless of the face similarity and semantic annotation of the experimental systems or species domain...