Affiliation: Bayer HealthCare
- The "push-to-low" approach for optimization of high-density perfusion cultures of animal cellsKonstantin Konstantinov
Bayer HealthCare, Biological Products Division, 800 Dwight Way, P O Box 1986, Berkeley, CA 94710, USA
Adv Biochem Eng Biotechnol 101:75-98. 2006....
- Anti-apoptotic genes Aven and E1B-19K enhance performance of BHK cells engineered to express recombinant factor VIII in batch and low perfusion cell cultureToey Nivitchanyong
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, 3400 North Charles Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21218, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 98:825-41. 2007..These results demonstrate that expression of anti-apoptotic genes Aven and E1B-19K can increase the stability and robustness of an industrially relevant BHK-FVIII mammalian cell line over a wide range of perfusion rates...
- Metabolic flux analysis of CHO cells in perfusion culture by metabolite balancing and 2D [13C, 1H] COSY NMR spectroscopyChetan Goudar
Cell Culture Development, Global Biological Development, Bayer HealthCare, 800 Dwight Way, Berkeley, CA 94710, USA
Metab Eng 12:138-49. 2010....
- Continuous annular chromatography: General characterization and application for the isolation of recombinant protein drugsJens H Vogel
Bayer Corporation, Biotechnology Unit, Cell Culture and Bioprocess Engineering Dept, Berkeley, CA, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 80:559-68. 2002..For isolation processes, these nonideal flow phenomena mean that more outlet streams have to be collected in order to achieve maximum yield and thus the achievable concentration factor is somewhat lower than the theoretical maximum...
- Towards industrial application of quasi real-time metabolic flux analysis for mammalian cell cultureChetan Goudar
Research and Development, Process Sciences, Bayer HealthCare, Biological Products Division, 800 Dwight Way, Berkeley, CA 94710, USA
Adv Biochem Eng Biotechnol 101:99-118. 2006..The framework presented in this study offers a convenient means for quasi real-time estimation of metabolic fluxes and represents a step towards realizing the potential of metabolic flux analysis for accelerated bioprocess optimization...
- Over-expression of Hsp70 in BHK-21 cells engineered to produce recombinant factor VIII promotes resistance to apoptosis and enhances secretionAdiba Ishaque
Research and Development, Process Sciences, Bayer HealthCare, Biological Products Division, 800 Dwight Way, Berkeley, California 94701, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 97:144-55. 2007..Thus, increased expression of HSP70 led to an increased yield of a secreted recombinant protein by inhibition of apoptosis and promoting proper conformational maturation of rFVIII in sub-optimal bioreactor conditions...