Affiliation: Bayer HealthCare
- Current status of patient-reported outcomes in industry-sponsored oncology clinical trials and product labelsKathleen Gondek
Bayer Corporation, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:5087-93. 2007..Collecting PRO data can enhance our understanding of cancer burden and the impact of interventions on patients' lives...
- The treatment satisfaction scale: a multidimensional instrument for the assessment of treatment satisfaction for erectile dysfunction patients and their partnersDana Britt DiBenedetti
Research Triangle Institute, NC, USA
Eur Urol 48:503-11. 2005..CONCLUSION: The TSS is brief, culturally valid, and the most comprehensive multidimensional measure of satisfaction with ED treatment for patients and their partners, and addresses some of the shortcomings of existing measures...
- Validation of a patient-administered questionnaire to measure the activity impairment experienced by women with uncomplicated urinary tract infection: the Activity Impairment Assessment (AIA)Diane J Wild
Oxford Outcomes Ltd, Old Barn, Jericho Farm, Cassington, Oxford, OX29 4SZ, UK
Health Qual Life Outcomes 3:42. 2005..To validate a questionnaire to assess the activity impairment associated with uncomplicated urinary tract infection (uUTI)...
- Validation of a patient-administered questionnaire to measure the severity and bothersomeness of lower urinary tract symptoms in uncomplicated urinary tract infection (UTI): the UTI Symptom Assessment questionnaireDarren Clayson
Oxford Outcomes Ltd, Oxford, UK
BJU Int 96:350-9. 2005..CONCLUSION: The three-domain UTISA has excellent psychometric properties and it is likely to prove an excellent tool for assessing uUTI outcome from a patient's perspective, both in research and clinical settings...
- Responsiveness and minimum important differences for the erection quality scaleRaymond C Rosen
Department of Psychiatry, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Piscataway, New Jersey, USA
J Urol 178:2076-81. 2007..We evaluated the responsiveness and treatment sensitivity of the Erection Quality Scale, and provided further psychometric validation of this scale...
- Patient-reported outcomes assessment in cancer trials: taking stock, moving forwardJoseph Lipscomb
Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:5133-40. 2007....
- Development and validation of the Functional Assessment of Cancer Therapy-Kidney Symptom Index (FKSI)David Cella
Center on Outcomes, Research and Education, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, Evanston, Illinois 60201, USA
J Support Oncol 4:191-9. 2006..Thus, the FKSI-15 and FKSI-10 are reliable and valid symptom indices for evaluating kidney cancer patients...
- Effects of sorafenib on symptoms and quality of life: results from a large randomized placebo-controlled study in renal cancerRonald Bukowski
CCF Taussig Cancer Center, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 30:220-7. 2007..The aim of the current study was to determine the impact of treatment with sorafenib versus placebo on renal cancer symptoms and quality of life (QOL)...
- The identification of benefit in medical intervention: an overview and suggestions for processPaul E Stang
Research and Development, Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceuticals, Titusville, NJ, USA
Am J Ther 15:495-503. 2008..As the emphasis is on transparency, relevance, applicability, and communication, this approach to assessing benefit should maximize the impact of these data to all stakeholders and decision makers...