Affiliation: Bausch and Lomb
- Microbiological etiology and susceptibility of bacterial conjunctivitis isolates from clinical trials with ophthalmic, twice-daily besifloxacinWolfgang Haas
Bausch and Lomb, 1400 North Goodman St, Rochester, NY, 14609, USA
Adv Ther 29:442-55. 2012..Since the etiologic agent is rarely identified, it is important to monitor which bacteria cause conjunctivitis and determine their antibacterial resistance profiles...
- Monitoring antibiotic resistance in ocular microorganisms: results from the Antibiotic Resistance Monitoring in Ocular micRorganisms (ARMOR) 2009 surveillance studyWolfgang Haas
Bausch and Lomb, Inc, Rochester, New York 14609, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 152:567-574.e3. 2011....
- Contribution of the R8 substituent to the in vitro antibacterial potency of besifloxacin and comparator ophthalmic fluoroquinolonesWolfgang Haas
Department of Microbiology and Sterilization Sciences, Bausch Lomb, Inc, Rochester, NY, USA
Clin Ophthalmol 7:821-30. 2013..This study was conducted to determine the contribution of the R7 and R8 substituent to fluoroquinolone antibacterial activity...
- High proportion of nontypeable Streptococcus pneumoniae isolates among sporadic, nonoutbreak cases of bacterial conjunctivitisWolfgang Haas
Bausch and Lomb, Inc, Rochester, NY 14609, USA
Curr Eye Res 36:1078-85. 2011..This hypothesis was tested for 302 strains isolated during three prospective, multicenter clinical studies of bacterial conjunctivitis...
- Bactericidal activity of besifloxacin against staphylococci, Streptococcus pneumoniae and Haemophilus influenzaeWolfgang Haas
Bausch Lomb, Inc, Rochester, NY 14609, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 65:1441-7. 2010..Here, the bactericidal activity of besifloxacin was evaluated against the most common bacterial conjunctivitis pathogens...
- Besifloxacin, a novel fluoroquinolone, has broad-spectrum in vitro activity against aerobic and anaerobic bacteriaWolfgang Haas
Bausch and Lomb, Inc, 1400 N Goodman St, Rochester, NY 14609, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:3552-60. 2009..Besifloxacin demonstrated potent, broad-spectrum activity, which was particularly notable against gram-positive and gram-negative isolates that were resistant to other fluoroquinolones and classes of antibacterial agents...
- In vitro time-kill experiments with besifloxacin, moxifloxacin and gatifloxacin in the absence and presence of benzalkonium chlorideWolfgang Haas
Bausch and Lomb, Inc, Rochester, NY 14609, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 66:840-4. 2011..To compare the bactericidal activity of besifloxacin, moxifloxacin and gatifloxacin and determine the contribution of the preservative benzalkonium chloride (BAK) to bactericidal activity...
- Efficacy and safety of besifloxacin ophthalmic suspension 0.6% compared with moxifloxacin ophthalmic solution 0.5% for treating bacterial conjunctivitisMarguerite B McDonald
Corneal Specialist and Cataract and Refractive Surgery, Ophthalmic Consultants of Long Island, Lynbrook, NY, USA
Ophthalmology 116:1615-1623.e1. 2009..To compare the clinical and antimicrobial efficacy of besifloxacin ophthalmic suspension 0.6% with that of moxifloxacin ophthalmic solution 0.5% for the treatment of bacterial conjunctivitis...
- Topoisomerase mutations that are associated with high-level resistance to earlier fluoroquinolones in Staphylococcus aureus have less effect on the antibacterial activity of besifloxacinChristine M Sanfilippo
Bausch and Lomb, Inc, Rochester, N Y, USA
Chemotherapy 57:363-71. 2011....
- Integrated analysis of three bacterial conjunctivitis trials of besifloxacin ophthalmic suspension, 0.6%: microbiological eradication outcomesTimothy W Morris
Microbiology and Sterilization Sciences, Bausch and Lomb, Rochester, NY, USA
Clin Ophthalmol 5:1359-67. 2011..6%, administered three times a day (TID) for 5 days, integrated across three clinical trials of bacterial conjunctivitis and to investigate any microbiological eradication failures...
- Molecular epidemiology of methicillin-resistant and methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus isolated from the eyeChristine K Hesje
Bausch and Lomb, Inc, Rochester, New York, USA
Curr Eye Res 36:94-102. 2011..This study determined the presence of traits characteristic for CA and HA strains in ocular MRSA isolates...
- Integrated analysis of three bacterial conjunctivitis trials of besifloxacin ophthalmic suspension, 0.6%: etiology of bacterial conjunctivitis and antibacterial susceptibility profileWolfgang Haas
Microbiology and Sterilization Sciences, Bausch and Lomb Inc, Rochester, NY, USA
Clin Ophthalmol 5:1369-79. 2011..6%, and their in vitro antibacterial susceptibility profiles...