Sonja V Batten
- Integrative outpatient treatment for returning service membersSonja V Batten
VA Maryland Health Care System, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Clin Psychol 64:928-39. 2008..Despite the emphasis on early intervention, treatment engagement and retention remain challenges in this population...
- An experimental study of emotional responding in women with posttraumatic stress disorder related to interpersonal violenceSusan M Orsillo
National Center for PTSD Women s Health Sciences Division, Boston VA Healthcare System, 150 South Huntington Ave, Boston, Massachusetts 02130, USA
J Trauma Stress 17:241-8. 2004..Results are interpreted within the context of the current literature on emotional deficits associated with PTSD...
- Sexual trauma disclosure in clinical settings: addressing diversitySushma T Roberts
VA Maryland Health Care System, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Trauma Dissociation 11:244-59. 2010..Practical suggestions are proposed to assist clinicians in assessing sexual trauma and facilitating disclosure in a culturally competent manner...
- Post-traumatic stress reactions before the advent of post-traumatic stress disorder: potential effects on the lives and legacies of Alexander the Great, Captain James Cook, Emily Dickinson, and Florence NightingalePhilip A Mackowiak
Medical Care Clinical Center 111, VA Maryland Health Care System, Baltimore, MD 21201 USA
Mil Med 173:1158-63. 2008....
- Implications of biological findings for psychological treatments of post-traumatic stress disorderDana Rabois
National Center for PTSD, VA Boston Healthcare System, 150 South Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02130, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 25:443-62, viii. 2002..Finally, suggestions are made for future directions for psychological treatment development for this disabling condition, examining how these innovative treatment approaches may be relevant to the reviewed biological findings...
- Acceptance and commitment therapy in the treatment of posttraumatic stress disorderSusan M Orsillo
Psychology Department, Suffolk University, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Behav Modif 29:95-129. 2005..The application of ACT to PTSD is described, and a case example is used to demonstrate how this therapy can be successfully used with individuals presenting for life problems related to a traumatic event...
- Psychological services for returning veterans and their families: evolving conceptualizations of the sequelae of war-zone experiencesMorgan T Sammons
California School of Professional Psychology, San Francisco, CA 94133 1221, USA
J Clin Psychol 64:921-7. 2008..Accurate diagnosis, a focus on resilience, and the expectation of readjustment are essential precepts that should guide clinical efforts and resource allocation...