Affiliation: Battelle Memorial Institute
- Trends in colorectal cancer incidence rates by age, race/ethnicity, and indices of access to medical care, 1995–2004 (United States)Yongping Hao
Centers for Public Health Research and Evaluation, Battelle, 2987 Clairmont Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
Cancer Causes Control 20:1855-63. 2009..However, the extent to which the decrease varies by age, race/ethnicity, and differences in access to medical care is largely unknown...
- Race, neighbourhood characteristics and disparities in chemotherapy for colorectal cancerY Hao
Surveillance and Health Policy Research, American Cancer Society, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Epidemiol Community Health 65:211-7. 2011..Studies have found significant race/ethnic and age differences in receipt of adjuvant chemotherapy for stages III colon and II/III rectal cancers. Little is known about the role of neighbourhood factors in these disparities...
- Cancer statistics, 2008Ahmedin Jemal
Department of Epidemiology and Surveillance Research, American Cancer Society, Atlanta, GA, USA
CA Cancer J Clin 58:71-96. 2008..Further progress can be accelerated by supporting new discoveries and by applying existing cancer control knowledge across all segments of the population...
- Cancer statistics, 2009Ahmedin Jemal
Cancer Surveillance, Surveillance and Health Policy Research, American Cancer Society, Atlanta, Georgia 30303 1002, USA
CA Cancer J Clin 59:225-49. 2009..Further progress can be accelerated by applying existing cancer control knowledge across all segments of the population and by supporting new discoveries in cancer prevention, early detection, and treatment...
- Changes in treatment of advanced oropharyngeal cancer, 1985-2001Amy Y Chen
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Laryngoscope 117:16-21. 2007..The aim of this study is to describe patterns of care of advanced oropharyngeal cancer during 1985 to 2001...
- Trends in the incidence of colorectal cancer in relation to county-level poverty among blacks and whitesRebecca L Siegel
Department of Epidemiology and Surveillance Research, American Cancer Society, National Home Office, Atlanta, GA 30303 1002, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 100:1441-4. 2008..We analyzed trends in colorectal cancer incidence rates from 1992-2004 by area socioeconomic status, race, gender and stage at diagnosis...
- Residential segregation and disparities in health-related quality of life among Black and White cancer survivorsYongping Hao
Centers for Public Health Research and Evaluation, Battelle, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Health Psychol 30:137-44. 2011..We examined Black-White disparities in survivors' HRQOL with a population-based sample, and tested the hypothesis that area-level segregation accounts for those disparities...
- U.S. congressional district cancer death ratesYongping Hao
American Cancer Society, 1599 Clifton Road, NE, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Int J Health Geogr 5:28. 2006..These rates may be useful in communicating to legislators and policy makers about the cancer burden and potential impact of cancer control in their jurisdictions...
- Residential segregation and exercise among a national sample of Hispanic adultsJenelle Mellerson
Behavioral Research Center, American Cancer Society, USA
Health Place 16:613-5. 2010..This suggests that segregation contributes to lack of exercise among Hispanics; this effect might be mediated by the relative lack of recreational resources in segregated-Hispanic neighborhoods...
- Ozone, Fine Particulate Matter, and Chronic Lower Respiratory Disease Mortality in the United StatesYongping Hao
National Center for Environmental Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 192:337-41. 2015..Short-term effects of air pollution exposure on respiratory disease mortality are well established. However, few studies have examined the effects of long-term exposure, and among those that have, results are inconsistent...
- U.S. census unit population exposures to ambient air pollutantsYongping Hao
National Center for Environmental Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Int J Health Geogr 11:3. 2012..We aim to generate estimates of population exposures to ambient PM(2.5) and ozone for U.S. CGUs...
- Changes in treatment of advanced laryngeal cancer 1985-2001Amy Y Chen
Department of Otolaryngology, Emory University School of Medicine, and Department of Health Services Research, American Cancer Society, Atlanta, Georgia 30329, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 135:831-7. 2006..The purpose of this study was to assess how treatment of advanced laryngeal cancer was influenced by such developments in non-surgical therapy...
- Trends in the leading causes of death in the United States, 1970-2002Ahmedin Jemal
Epidemiology and Surveillance Research, American Cancer Society, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
JAMA 294:1255-9. 2005..The decrease in overall death rates in the United States may mask changes in death rates from specific conditions...