WENDY J WEBER
Affiliation: Bastyr University
- Echinacea purpurea for prevention of upper respiratory tract infections in childrenWendy Weber
Naturopathic Medicine Department, Bastyr University, Kenmore, WA 98028 4966, USA
J Altern Complement Med 11:1021-6. 2005..The aim of this study was to determine whether Echinacea purpurea given to children for the treatment of acute upper respiratory tract infection (URI) was effective in reducing the risk of subsequent URI...
- Frequency and characteristics of pediatric and adolescent visits in naturopathic medical practiceWendy Weber
School of Naturopathic Medicine, Bastyr University, 14500 Juanita Dr NE, Kenmore, WA 98028, USA
Pediatrics 120:e142-6. 2007..This work sought to identify naturopathic physicians in Washington State who frequently provide pediatric care and to describe the conditions treated and therapies recommended for children...
- Complementary and alternative medical therapies for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and autismWendy Weber
School of Naturopathic Medicine, Bastyr University, 14500 Juanita Drive NE, Kenmore, WA 98021, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 54:983-1006; xii. 2007..The CAM evidence in ADHD is addressed, as is the CAM literature in autism...
- Hypericum perforatum (St John's wort) for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in children and adolescents: a randomized controlled trialWendy Weber
School of Naturopathic Medicine, Bastyr University, Kenmore, Washington, USA
JAMA 299:2633-41. 2008..Stimulant medication can effectively treat 60% to 70% of youth with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Yet many parents seek alternative therapies, and Hypericum perforatum (St John's wort) is 1 of the top 3 botanicals used...
- Complementary and alternative medicine use and quality of life in pediatric diabetesRachelle L McCarty
Bastyr University, School of Naturopathic Medicine, Kenmore, WA, USA
J Altern Complement Med 16:165-73. 2010..The objectives of this study were to explore the association between complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) use as reported by youth, and parents' and children's reported quality of life in youth with diabetes...
- Interest of naturopathic physicians in pediatric researchWendy Weber
School of Naturopathic Medicine, Bastyr University, Kenmore, WA 98028 4966, USA
J Altern Complement Med 14:445-8. 2008..A survey was conducted to ascertain naturopathic physicians' interest in participating in pediatric research studies and characteristics of those most interested...
- Controlled Trial of an Herbal Therapy for ADHDWendy Weber; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..